FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Oh the joy... half empty WTP cabin 😄 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977318-oh-joy-half-empty-wtp-cabin.html)

IntVic Jul 8, 2019 8:26 pm

Oh the joy... half empty WTP cabin 😄

BA286 SFO - LHR has plenty free seats. After an upgrade is this not the next best thing? It is for me who frequents the middle and rear of the plane.

Egoldstein Jul 8, 2019 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by IntVic (Post 31283645)
BA286 SFO - LHR has plenty free seats. After an upgrade is this not the next best thing? It is for me who frequents the middle and rear of the plane.

I prefer a nearly empty WT cabin, when you can lie across 3 seats. Obviously, doesn't happen too often, but did happen to me last year on a long haul to DEL. Actually got some proper sleep.

Joely Jul 9, 2019 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Egoldstein (Post 31283969)
I prefer a nearly empty WT cabin, when you can lie across 3 seats. Obviously, doesn't happen too often, but did happen to me last year on a long haul to DEL. Actually got some proper sleep.

+1 for the same reasons.

CKBA Jul 9, 2019 1:49 am

But the newer economy seats are bad: the arm rests don't full fold up, and the seats are slightly bucket-shaped, making them very uncomfortable - also three-across are way to short for me!

mikeyfly Jul 9, 2019 1:52 am

Surely a full cabin and an OpUp is better than half full... ?!

sammy..uk Jul 9, 2019 2:10 am

or the even more rare 4 empty seats together in the middle of a 747 - truly the pinnacle of aviation comfort!

riku2 Jul 9, 2019 2:50 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31284228)
Surely a full cabin and an OpUp is better than half full... ?!

I've slept better in a half empty WTP cabin than in CW, partly because the CW seat isn't long enough for me when turned into a bed (I'm 195cm tall) and if CW is busy then the seat shakes if the person on the other side of the partition moves around. This doesn't happen with something like CX where you're not aware of the passengers next to you no matter how much they fidget or slam their tv monitor/tray table in and out.

Agent69 Jul 9, 2019 2:59 am

Originally Posted by IntVic (Post 31283645)

Had a recent flight KUL - BKI with MH in J on an A330-300. Only 2 people in the J cabin, but no booze

GrayBDG Jul 9, 2019 2:59 am

747 4 seats across - the economy suite... lovely

TTmex Jul 9, 2019 4:02 am

Flew Munich to London and there were only 20 people on the plane. Wife still insisted on sitting next to me.

DreamTrip Jul 9, 2019 4:02 am

Only 5 People in the back upper deck cabin on the A380 to MIA.

Pure joy! slept a solid 6 hours

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fda0e81e57.jpg

charlesrhona Jul 9, 2019 4:12 am

Flew from CGK-to DPS on a JAL 747 a few years ago with only 30 people onboard:) On the same trip flew BA from LHR to CGK via KUL on a 747 where both my wife and I moved to the middle rows in Y and each had four seats to sleep across. Those were the days! Does not happen any more:(

IntVic Jul 9, 2019 7:29 am

7+ hours of sleep later and feeling rested and ready for the M25 (if my luggage made it)

HGPilot Jul 9, 2019 7:56 am

LAX LHR a few years ago. I think I had 4 or maybe 5 across. Passed out as soon as we took off and woke up over Scotland. Who needs business class? :D

salut0 Jul 9, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by sammy..uk (Post 31284255)

or the even more rare 4 empty seats together in the middle of a 747 - truly the pinnacle of aviation comfort!

What about when AA had 5 seats in the centre block of their 777s?