Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover in Qatar - 2 PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Stopover in Qatar - 2 PNRs

I’m transferring in Qatar from a BA flight to a Qatar flight, but on 2 separate PNRs. I’ve got 3h15 between landing and departure. Obviously I won’t be able to check any luggage through, but if I go carry on bags only, will I still need to go through passports, check in and security, or can I go straight through the transit section at Qatar to my departure gate?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Follow the flight transfer signs. You will have to go through security to get to the airside departures area, but not through any immigration or passport control. It’s relatively painless.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Some arriving flights don’t have to go through security but it appears to be random. I’ve been on flights from LHR which haven’t been screened. There’s no pattern to it I’ve been both screened and not screened arriving from ARN, SIN, PVG and KIX. Nobody actually knows. Although i should add I’ve been screened more often than I haven’t. There’s a whole thread on the QR forum discussing which destinations are least/most likely to skip screening.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:44 am

You are right and that was my experience a few years back. However, I beginning to believe that these days all UK arrivals now go through security. I have done 4 this year so far and every time we have been sent to security - perhaps I have just been unlucky?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by KARFA
You are right and that was my experience a few years back. However, I beginning to believe that these days all UK arrivals now go through security. I have done 4 this year so far and every time we have been sent to security - perhaps I have just been unlucky?
In fairness my last few trips have all involved screening so I’m inclined to agree on that one. Think the last time I wasn’t screened would be SIN just before Christmas ?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:09 am

I've been through DOH perhaps 10-12 times in the last 12 months and agree that the need to go through security screening is pretty random - I'd rate it 50-50.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Whyone
I've been through DOH perhaps 10-12 times in the last 12 months and agree that the need to go through security screening is pretty random - I'd rate it 50-50.
Whats your experience when arriving from the UK this year so far? The OP is arriving from the UK.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Coming in from UK (always LGW) probably through security more often than not, but have certainly not been directed through security on more than one occasion.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Whyone
Coming in from UK (always LGW) probably through security more often than not, but have certainly not been directed through security on more than one occasion.
ah, maybe it’s just me being targeted then! I won’t take it personally

all mine this year were on QR from LHR.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It's pretty quick anyway and there's a fast track if you're in J.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by KARFA

Whats your experience when arriving from the UK this year so far? The OP is arriving from the UK.
Did MAN - DOH - DEL and return last week on QR, single PNR in J.

Directed through transfer security in both directions but really no time at all. Landed from UK around 1800, landed from Delhi at 0530.

Both times was in the lounge 20 mi s after deplaning, zero security queue for fast rack (very little for normal to be fair). Biggest challenge is finding the right lounge 😂😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.