Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA’s IT currently down

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a flight later this evening. Will try to report back if I see anyone in High-Viz!
ajamieson likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
You’re docking at A2. Tell them all to hurry and deplane
it will be slow full flight but no wheelchairs
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:56 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Barnaby100

it will be slow full flight but no wheelchairs
I’m not convinced it’s going to go smoothly. I had a strange one at fast track. The lights didn’t go green when taking my picture. The last time that sort of thing happened, the system didn’t capture my biometrics and I got offloaded. Thankfully the gate agent has just checked and all is okay but I have a feeling

S
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
The wait times for the call centres are still really high. I was calling this morning to UuA my inbound flight that we are due to take on Thursday.

I was on hold for 15 mins to the Gold Line then transferred to BA Holidays. There was a message highlighting call wait times were plus 15 mins.

I got cut off and had to call back to BA holidays. First two attempts ended with a message saying they were not taking calls due to high volumes.

Got through on the third attempt and was on hold for 45 mins. Once through and was transferred straight through to the Duty Team. They needed to calculate the Avios etc and offered to phone me back.

30 mins later they phoned back and made the change.

All updated on MMB and I now have 1D and 1F. Which is great as we had lost our exit row seats, when the CE cabin had been extended to row 12.

As much as the hold times were a pain, I am happy with the result.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Can’t seem to get through at all on the phone. GGL line plays a message saying they’re too busy and the call is cut off.

Fresh problems, or just overspill from yesterday?
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Can’t seem to get through at all on the phone. GGL line plays a message saying they’re too busy and the call is cut off.

Fresh problems, or just overspill from yesterday?
Try again, I literally called them 2 minutes ago and got through after one ring ^
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Strange. Still getting the ‘all lines are busy’ message and I’ve been trying all day.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Strange. Still getting the ‘all lines are busy’ message and I’ve been trying all day.
Strange indeed, I'm off the phone from them now. Are you using the 0800 number?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:14 am

Yep. Maybe I’ll try the 0191 number.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Trying to fix my phantom booking, which still appears on the app, but 45 minute wait before I had to hang up. On the positive side, there is still no charge on any of my CCs, so feeling optimistic it will get fixed without too much fuss. Incidentally, I have figured out that it is not the same booking as the fare quote I had emailed, but one I asked for a fare quote one with the phone center two days ago, but expressly did not book (and did not give any CC details on, so that probably explains that). So not sure if that was agent error or system error.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:18 am

Yep. Maybe I’ll try the 0191 number.
Try the 0161 number then, I used the 0800 GGL number and through first time. Just redialled again and got the "Welcome to the BA GGL priority assistance line ... " message (and then I hung up once I heard the 'ring' tone post message). Do you at least get that message or are you straight to the 'too busy' message?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I was able to book an award booking today, and was even able to check-in online and pick a seat...but never got a confirmation email of my flight, nor my boarding pass by email either. Luckily I was able to download boarding pass by pdf.

Strange that you can book a flight and check-in and pick a seat, but not get any emails.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just been through TFW at T5, all the desks are busy but no queues. Well apart from one w****r pushing in, by going in the other way.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I was able to book an award booking today, and was even able to check-in online and pick a seat...but never got a confirmation email of my flight, nor my boarding pass by email either. Luckily I was able to download boarding pass by pdf.
Booking confirmation email took c. 12 hours to arrive today.
Keystone likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:45 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by est-gratuite

Strange that you can book a flight and check-in and pick a seat, but not get any emails.
I made an award booking today (for travel in a few weeks time). Avios and taxes taken correctly but no email confirmation has arrived (I booked around 14 hrs ago). However, in MMB, I see ticket numbers so presume all is OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.