Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is this usually allowed on a plane? I recently went on a CE flight with separated cabin by the means of a curtain. Several passengers from economy came through into the business cabin to use the loo, and even started a small queue. Is this allowed? Are there not loos at the back of the plane too? It was an A320
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by demolineux
Is this usually allowed on a plane? I recently went on a CE flight with separated cabin by the means of a curtain. Several passengers from economy came through into the business cabin to use the loo, and even started a small queue. Is this allowed? Are there not loos at the back of the plane too? It was an A320
Not strictly meant to and the cabin crew will turn you away if they see normally. But if the Buy-on-Board trolley is blocking access to rear galley then pax will often come forward instead.
BlueThroughCrimp and T8191 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pass the popcorn!
salut0, IAMORGAN, Sealink and 14 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:17 pm

You should have told them to go back!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The CE aisle seats could have a premium price added if electric shock devices were issued after takeoff to be used on any economy passengers daring to use the front loo....especially status pax in the exit row...extra points for stunning them into painful yelps.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Big bucket of popcorn in hand but yes, with buy on board blocking the aisle for at least an hour on my last flight, to avoid wet seats and aisles, there is an inevitability that CE toilets will need to be used by steerage passengers.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I actually hadn’t thought of the trolley issue! That’s perfectly ok then, if so.
rickg523 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I’ve given up mithering about this. I genuinely cannot remember the last flight I was on where an ET customer didn’t use the CE toilet, including when I was the ET person involved.

with only one toilet at the rear of some aircraft and a
trolley blocking both routes I’ll go for whichever is nearest!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
If you need to go
you have to go
burnsie21, HIDDY, Gerbs and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
mI remember several flights where CC turned ET passengers back and asked then to use the rear washroom, but not very often. Strangely enough, I was on an Iberia Express flight recently in business class ( Iberia LCC) and all economy passengers were turned back which made a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by TheOldMan; Jul 4, 2019 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
These trolleys do have wheels. In the olden days, PAs were made stating that the forward washroom was CE only. And crew would move the trolley if people needed to go. Problem now is densification and reduction in the case of the 319 of the number of WCs.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:50 pm

The solution is obvious - more toilets in the other classes of the cabins. This is an airline created problem and if a person is offended, they should take it up with the airline, not some passenger who needs to use the toilet.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by rickg523
Pass the popcorn!
This does always seem to set people off on FT. During the last time we hashed this out and people lost their cool, I reached out to several airlines on twitter for clarification. BA unambiguously stated that Club Lavs are ONLY for Club pax and coach pax should NOT be using them.

Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I remember several flights where CC turned ET passengers back and asked then to use the rear washroom, but not very often. Strangely enough, I was on an Iberia Express flight recently in business class ( Iberia LCC) and all economy passengers were turned back which made a pleasant surprise.
Coach passengers should 100% be turned back and told to use their lav. It seems that not having to wait for the lav due to a better pax/lav ratio is a benefit of a premium cabin. The policy IS that coach pax cannot use the club lav, but it seems many FAs are lazy or don't want to risk confrontation so they just don't enforce the rules and let it go.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
CE toilets useage should also be based on BAEC/OW status... Gold and Silver pax in ET can use for a #1 and #2 , Bronze only for a #1 and all the rest to the back of the plane.
mhy, bhbloke, glennhaak and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.