Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
Are you actually, genuinely for real? I really hope this is a horribly frugal attempt to be funny. If it was it didn't really work in IMO. I am very lucky to be able to fly in Club and sometimes First. It is a very comfortable way to fly. But when push comes to shove, we are all HUMAN BEINGS on the same tin can going to the same place, and we all have human needs. If there is an urgent need for a passenger to use a restroom on an aircraft then, God forbid for you, it might have to be the one in the cabin that they are not ticketed in and I am fine with that, as I'm sure the crew and other passengers would be fine with that too given the alternative option.

Your inferrence that any Euro Traveller passenger is 'cheap skating' is simply rude, I fly Euro Traveller on point to point in Europe when the Club upgrade isn't worth it for what I'm getting. Perhaps instead we should get the BoB trolley pushed passed you in Club Europe so that you can see what you could have bought from it for the price you paid to upgrade?
Those who paid a substantially higher fare should not be inconvenienced by those who did not. Those with an "urgent need" should plea their case with the cabin crew working the BoB. It's a movable cart not an insurmountable wall. Those in the back with specific medical afflictions requiring greater lav access should select seats in close proximity to the lavs to reduce any potential obstructions.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Those who paid a substantially higher fare should not be inconvenienced by those who did not.
Even if that principle were justifiable (and I don't believe it is), it is very likely that there are some passengers in CE who have paid less than some passengers in ET.
A P Yu and rickg523 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
is it really that hard to ask the crew to move the trolley??
Badenoch likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:58 am

Where does it say on any toilet on BA aircraft “this toilet is reserved exclusively for First/Club World/Club Europe passengers, etc? In the not too distant past BA used a rope in front of the curtains between cabins with very clear signs such as “First class passengers only beyond this point” . If anyone can categorically show that the front toilets of Airbus frames are signposted as Club Europe only, we have every cause to question free for all use. Equally I have never heard any announcement to tell passengers that those seated in Y must use the rear toilets only. I suspect passengers are at liberty to use any toilet they wish.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Those who paid a substantially higher fare should not be inconvenienced by those who did not. Those with an "urgent need" should plea their case with the cabin crew working the BoB. It's a movable cart not an insurmountable wall. Those in the back with specific medical afflictions requiring greater lav access should select seats in close proximity to the lavs to reduce any potential obstructions.
Since when is using the bathroom considered inconveniencing other people. Really, I find the attitude of some people to be similar to the French aristocracy just before the Revolution. I could understand their being upset if people from Economy wandered into Business or First Class and guzzled the champagne, ate the better food, filled the overhead compartments with their carry on stuff and stole the blankets and pillows. But, using the bathroom? If one wishes to complain then complain to the airlines that are not providing adequate facilities in the Economy section. They are the ones at fault. They are the ones pitting their customers against each other. The airlines execs need to fix the problem.

FWIW, referring to people in Economy as 'steerage' and 'gate-lice' says a lot more about the people who use those terms that it does the people they are aiming it at.
flygirl68 and u01sss3 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
I am a big user of CE and of ET.
I always just use the closest toilet. Often the aisle is blocked with the crew trying to flog the cr@ppy M&S wares.
In CE, I really do not have any issue with ET passengers using the toilet. Those that do need to get a life.
If the only benefit for CE is access to a toilet, then they do need to look at the value proposition....
flygirl68 likes this.

Last edited by WingsAroundtheWorld; Jul 8, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
MrTemporal, much of what you say is fair ... but then this Forum does exhibt a bit of British ‘bawdy humour’, so I let it pass me by.

But, in my accustomed CE location in 1C, I can assure you that the gathering by my choulder can be extremely irritating.

Oh, and as a footnote ... yes, Economy pax do indeed use CE lockers as they make their way towards the back. I had that in Row 1 last week, fortunately after we’d stowed our bags.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I suspect that those who say "move the BOB trolley" have not flown on BA in the last few years.
Moving the BOB trolley for the slf wanting the loo is as likely as BA restoring free food and drinks.
As I said above, I was told off for having the temerity to ask!!
BlueThroughCrimp, T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I suspect that those who say "move the BOB trolley" have not flown on BA in the last few years.
Moving the BOB trolley for the slf wanting the loo is as likely as BA restoring free food and drinks.
As I said above, I was told off for having the temerity to ask!!
since the introduction of BOB I am one of the Biggest offenders of using loos beyond the vail. Between the BOB trolley and a single loo for ET it’s ludicrous to suggest people do anything else.

i have yet to be challenged by crew who in my view are as indifferent to this issue as they are to the job they have to do generally.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MrTemporal

FWIW, referring to people in Economy as 'steerage' and 'gate-lice' says a lot more about the people who use those terms that it does the people they are aiming it at.
I would suggest the use of the term “steerage” is more a slight on the way airlines treat economy class passengers rather than the passengers themselves e.g. cramming as many of them in as small a space as possible, and expecting them to have to purchase their food.
As for the tem “Gate Lice”, this is independent of travel class, and is simply an umbrella term to describe people with a sense of entitlement greater than reality. I personally would not use the term myself, however it does provide clarity as to the character of the persons being described.
T8191 and nancypants like this.

Last edited by kanderson1965; Jul 8, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
If ET travellers use the front loo can they not wait until its free and then go up rather than literally hanging about like a bad smell at the front with their crotch in your face?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Total nightmare on the increasing number of Gatwick birds with 'broken dividers'. Euro traveller pax - understandably - have no reason to think that they can't troll up to the front of the cabin (and queue). The broken dividers are so popular at Gatwick (and appear to take months to repair) because I've been shown the email by a CSM mid-air. There were 5 or 6 when I flew last month. Some taking months to have it restored....
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
If ET travellers use the front loo can they not wait until its free and then go up rather than literally hanging about like a bad smell at the front with their crotch in your face?
Some crotches are more acceptable than others...
RockyRobin and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
How Victorian of you.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
To Fly To **** in CE Loo 👍
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.