Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Sailbot3310
You should have told them to go back!
I was on a SQ and also Silk Air flights recemtly. All were told to go back. None got to use the golden throne!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I didn't change anything. It's common sense that you can access a cabin below your ticketed cabin, but not one above it. The entire rationale being that paying for a premium cabin comes with the benefit of less people using the lav.
Yes you have! You've initially stated that what the contact centre said in the reply that you have is the instruction.
When pointed out it's impossible in some aircraft with WTP, then you've changed your position.

Maybe, just maybe the contact centre isn't giving the correct information?
The people to ask are the people in charge of the aircraft, and at that time, whether you like it or not, is the Cabin Crew. If they say no, then so be it. It's no.
If a passenger cannot get past the trolley, and is in danger of soiling themselves, (and remember all disabilities aren't visable), asking the cabin crew to use the nearest, most convenient convenience is perfectly fair.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Yes you have! You've initially stated that what the contact centre said in the reply that you have is the instruction.
When pointed out it's impossible in some aircraft with WTP, then you've changed your position.

Maybe, just maybe the contact centre isn't giving the correct information?
The people to ask are the people in charge of the aircraft, and at that time, whether you like it or not, is the Cabin Crew. If they say no, then so be it. It's no.
If a passenger cannot get past the trolley, and is in danger of soiling themselves, (and remember all disabilities aren't visable), asking the cabin crew to use the nearest, most convenient convenience is perfectly fair.
The problem seems to be that you're not understanding my position, which at no point changed. You can be in your cabin, or lower classes of service, not higher. If there is no WTP lav you go to lower cabin (WT) and use their lav. Do you think the airline delegates this responsibility to the cabin crew to make up as they go along? Of course not, they have directives from the airline, which are in line with what I said in the first part of this post. In extraneous circumstances (passenger cannot get past the trolley, and is in danger of soiling themselves) an exception can be made for some passengers. However, as a RULE what I stated applies. Too many people think "I don't want to wait on line" is a valid reason to charge into whatever cabin they want. This sort of entitlement and behavior is not acceptable and should on it's face seem inappropriate to people, but it seems the era of having manners is behind us.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You can though, and in fact that is the airline's stated position. 120 people aren't using it at once.
It's not realistic or practical to expect 120 customers to only have the option of one washroom on a short flight. Which is why I haven't been on a short haul flight for some considerable time where customers from Euro Traveller haven't used the Club Europe washroom. Even if every customer were willing to wait to use the rear washroom, some may not be able to wait for reasons of disability / illness or anything else. The airline's stated position is realistically that customers use the washroom in the cabin provided unless crew indicate that they can use another facility. Since BA have removed washrooms on some short haul aircraft, it seems to me that the airline is accepting that the crew will more often than not give such permission on a routine basis.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by trains
It's not realistic or practical to expect 120 customers to only have the option of one washroom on a short flight. Which is why I haven't been on a short haul flight for some considerable time where customers from Euro Traveller haven't used the Club Europe washroom. Even if every customer were willing to wait to use the rear washroom, some may not be able to wait for reasons of disability / illness or anything else. The airline's stated position is realistically that customers use the washroom in the cabin provided unless crew indicate that they can use another facility. Since BA have removed washrooms on some short haul aircraft, it seems to me that the airline is accepting that the crew will more often than not give such permission on a routine basis.
It is though. It happens all the time.I fly 80-100 times/year and have never once used a lav in CE/equivalent while traveling in ET/equivalent. Nor have I ever seen a situation where the line is so unreasonably long that people would not realistically be able to "hold it" and wait. It comes down to people in the front half of the coach cabin not wanting to walk all the way to the back because they're lazy and not caring about what they're supposed to do.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:30 pm

The problem seems to be that you're not understanding my position, which at no point changed. You can be in your cabin, or lower classes of service, not higher. If there is no WTP lav you go to lower cabin (WT) and use their lav. Do you think the airline delegates this responsibility to the cabin crew to make up as they go along? Of course not, they have directives from the airline, which are in line with what I said in the first part of this post. In extraneous circumstances (passenger cannot get past the trolley, and is in danger of soiling themselves) an exception can be made for some passengers. However, as a RULE what I stated applies. Too many people think "I don't want to wait on line" is a valid reason to charge into whatever cabin they want. This sort of entitlement and behavior is not acceptable.
You stared waving about a screenshot as fact. There's no where on the reply from BA about using a lower class. You didn't even know it was impossible until I mentioned WTP.
Can you wind your neck in with regards to that being fact now?
u01sss3 and Dreamlifter like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:32 pm
Suspended

You stared waving about a screenshot as fact. There's no where on the reply from BA about using a lower class. You didn't even know it was impossible until I mentioned WTP.
Can you wind your neck in with regards to that being fact now?
SINCE there was no concrete mention of BA's policy, that is WHY I reached out to them for clarification. I don't know why you think you're "winning" some how with this WTP business that isn't moving the needle. I'm sorry that you don't agree with the airline's policy, but it is what it is.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Next people will e saying that the air in the CE cabin is reserved for those who booked it too. Lighten up. We are all human.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
SINCE there was no concrete mention of BA's policy, that is WHY I reached out to them for clarification. I don't know why you think you're "winning" some how with this WTP business that isn't moving the needle. I'm sorry that you don't agree with the airline's policy, but it is what it is.
Perhaps go back and ask BA whether:

(i) Customers must always use the washroom designated for their cabin.

or

(ii) Customers must always use the washroom designated for their cabin unless told otherwise by cabin crew.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by trains
Perhaps go back and ask BA whether:

(i) Customers must always use the washroom designated for their cabin.

or

(ii) Customers must always use the washroom designated for their cabin unless told otherwise by cabin crew.
I would say that common sense dictates II is the case. No one is arguing otherwise, just that absent express permission from an FA due to some extenuating circumstances, coach passengers should not assume that they can use whatever lav is closest to their seat at their discretion regardless of ticketed cabin.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:45 pm

I'm not trying to win. I'm trying to show what your source isn't definitive, as it contains some glaring obviously wrong information.
If you think one screenshot is definitive, then good for you. I don't think relying on incorrect information in a social media query is definitive.

As for what I personally do, is neither here, nor there, but for the record, when travelling WTP, I'll go against Letty's advice and use the Y lavs despite not being in the cabin I have booked.

If I'm on a single aisle 2 class aircraft, and I'm stuck behind the trolley, I'll ask the cabin crew if I can use the front toilet unless they can move to let me past.

And for the record, when I was travelling F, I did receive an jokey admonishment for using the J lavs, as they didn't have as nice toiletries. In my defence, I was half asleep, and needed to go and it was nearer.

Sadly you're seeing a DM as black and white, and not considering the real world where literally sh*t happens.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:47 pm
Suspended

I'm not trying to win. I'm trying to show what your source isn't definitive, as it contains some glaring obviously wrong information.
If you think one screenshot is definitive, then good for you. I don't think relying on incorrect information in a social media query is definitive.

As for what I personally do, is neither here, nor there, but for the record, when travelling WTP, I'll go against Letty's advice and use the Y lavs despite not being in the cabin I have booked.

If I'm on a single aisle 2 class aircraft, and I'm stuck behind the trolley, I'll ask the cabin crew if I can use the front toilet unless they can move to let me past.

And for the record, when I was travelling F, I did receive an jokey admonishment for using the J lavs, as they didn't have as nice toiletries. In my defence, I was half asleep, and needed to go and it was nearer.

Sadly you're seeing a DM as black and white, and not considering the real world where literally sh*t happens.
The DM confirms what should be common sense, aka barring an emergency do not going into a cabin above your ticketed cabin and don't use their lavs. I am baffled that this seems to NOT be common sense to so many people.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
For me it is quite simple - if in economy and the cabin crew are selling their products then they should move the trolley to let me past to use the economy toilets - I am the paying passenger.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:13 pm

This sort of entitlement and behavior is not acceptable and should on it's face seem inappropriate to people, but it seems the era of having manners is behind us.
You have a very different view of “having manners” than I do.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The DM confirms what should be common sense, aka barring an emergency do not going into a cabin above your ticketed cabin and don't use their lavs. I am baffled that this seems to NOT be common sense to so many people.
If there's a trolley between me and the rear toilet, then I go to the front. That's common sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.