Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
When the aircraft only has one toilet at the rear for sometimes 120 passengers you cannot expect them not to use the front toilet. Having said that, I do object to ET passengers filling the aisle in CE with the toilet queue, but this os an airline-made problem and not the passengers’ fault.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
yep popcorn time! my last CE 3 weeks ago to CFU had a constant stream of mainly parent/child going to the forward loo to the point the whole CE (8rows) had an aisle traffic jam and the CC doing the ladies excuse me dance trying to get passed to serve CE passengers.
aidy likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Ensuring that people use the correct lavatory corresponding to their status is surely necessary for a civilised society to prevent descent into anarchy?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
When the aircraft only has one toilet at the rear for sometimes 120 passengers you cannot expect them not to use the front toilet.
You can though, and in fact that is the airline's stated position. 120 people aren't using it at once.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
BA's web site promises a range of features for Club Europe, but I can't see any reference to toilets in that list.

As someone who suffers from bph (benign prostatic hyperplasia) I need to go rather more often than I would like and often with some urgency. In that situation if there's a loo free at the front, and I can't get to the one in the back because of a trolley I think it's more than reasonable for me to use the facility at the front. Do I need to get my GP to write me a letter for BA?
I wonder if there are any CAA/EASA regulations governing how many toilets there are on board and whether access can be restricted.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
You can though, and in fact that is the airline's stated position. 120 people aren't using it at once.
It's only one person from the airline saying that. And they're not in a position to deal with the issue first hand.
Ask the cabin crew. If they say yes, then that is more pertinent than anything a contact centre reading from a script says.
flygirl68, u01sss3 and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
It's only one person from the airline saying that. And they're not in a position to deal with the issue first hand.
Ask the cabin crew. If they say yes, then that is more pertinent than anything a contact centre reading from a script says.
So in short, if you don't like the airline's position just ignore it. We've been over this ground in numerous threads. It always comes down to some people saying "I don't care what the airline says and whether or not there are announcements telling people to stay in their ticketed cabin, I will do whatever I want and if they don't stop me then it's allowed."
nancypants and Cotumely like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:55 pm

So in short, if you don't like the airline's position just ignore it.
Erm, the Cabin Crew can give legal orders. Can a contact centre?
The Cabin Crew ARE the airline.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Erm, the Cabin Crew can give legal orders. Can a contact centre?
The Cabin Crew ARE the airline.
I think over the years we have all heard the announcements about staying in your cabin, using the lavs in your cabin, etc...those dividers exist for a reason and the airline has unambiguously stated their position. If you choose to do whatever you want because you feel entitled to for whatever reason, that's your business. Just because a beleaguered FA makes an exception from time to time because they likely don't want to be screamed at for enforcing the rules does not make it OK in general.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:59 pm

I think over the years we have all heard the announcements about staying in your cabin, using the lavs in your cabin, etc...those dividers exist for a reason and the airline has unambiguously stated their position. If you choose to do whatever you want because you feel entitled to for whatever reason, that's your business. Just because a beleaguered FA makes an exception from time to time because they likely don't want to be screamed at for enforcing the rules does not make it OK in general.
And I guess you've never ever heard of HUCA on this forum?
Tell me, what cabin's toilets does the WTP use?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
Suspended

And I guess you've never ever heard of HUCA on this forum?
Tell me, what cabin's toilets does the WTP use?
I am not very familiar with the specifics of that cabin on 4-class birds. Is there no lav in the WTP section? If not, I would say they use the coach lav. If you were in Club, would you try to go forward and use the F lavs? I can't imagine that you would or that it would be allowed.
Cotumely likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:02 pm

I am not very familiar with the specifics of that cabin on 4-class birds. Is there no lav in the WTP section? If not, I would say they use the coach lav.
But you've said, you have to stay in your cabin. WT isn't theirs.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:04 pm
Suspended

But you've said, you have to stay in your cabin. WT isn't theirs.
As a rule assume you are entitled to be in your cabin or lower classes or service. If there IS no lav in WTP, it makes sense that they would then use the WT lavs, but not go forwards to the Club lav. It looks like the 788 is the only layout where this is an issue. On all other types it seems there are WTP lavs on one end of the WTP cabin.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:06 pm

As a rule assume you are entitled to be in your cabin or lower classes or service. If there IS no lav in WTP, it makes sense that they would then use the WT lavs, but not go forwards to the Club lav.
Can't have it all ways though. You categorically stated your position. Now you've changed your mind to suit. Interesting.
u01sss3 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Can't have it all ways though. You categorically stated your position. Now you've changed your mind to suit. Interesting.
I didn't change anything. It's common sense that you can access a cabin below your ticketed cabin, but not one above it. The entire rationale being that paying for a premium cabin comes with the benefit of less people using the lav.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.