Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Traveller passengers using the Club Europe toilets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:31 am

How are people policing every passenger on their flight anyway? “She’s not from Club Europe and he’s definitely in 27F!” I might be in CE but go back to see a friend in Y before coming back to the front of the aircraft via the toilet and that curtain that was probably last washed in 2010.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load

Same here.

Can’t imagine why the matter of which toilets are used by which passengers would even cross the mind of a Captain !
You’re probably right it wasn’t the captain. Maybe the most senior cabin crew. We had a lot of announcements on yesterday’s flight and both had similar voices/accents.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:36 am

Common sense

As a CSM I enforce and encourage my onboard team to ensure that customers should use the lavatories in their cabin class. On wide bodied aircraft I would rarely deviate from this position including asking WTP to use WT facilities. On shorthaul I apply common sense and my discretion. CE lavatories restricted to CE use in most circumstances for example when I’m in the aisle serving my customers or if the lavatory in CE is being used by CE customers. If however there are trollies in the aisle in ET, it is impossible for the ET crew to let customers move aft without stopping the service and with often very limited time on some flights, I have to take this into consideration when allowing the odd customer to use the CE lavatories, as long as it’s free and there is absolutely no queuing in the CE aisle, but I make that decision at the time. When it does happen from time to time, it’s not about the Cabin Crew being lazy, but we do have bigger fish to fry on many shorthaul services or we may have made an exception based on the circumstances at the time. When someone has to go, they have to go!

Last edited by HowMayIHelp; Jul 9, 2019 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by HowMayIHelp
On shorthaul I apply common sense and my discretion.
Thank you. This is obviously thoroughly lacking in this thread...

I for one wish yours would be the last word on it but I can sense there's at least another dozen pages or so still coming...
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:21 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
......it’s not about the Cabin Crew being lazy, but we do have bigger fish to fry on many shorthaul services
Yay - hot meals to return to SH services, freshly cooked on the flight too ^
no2blues and HowMayIHelp like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC
As a CSM I enforce and encourage my onboard team to ensure that customers should use the lavatories in their cabin class. On wide bodied aircraft I would rarely deviate from this position including asking WTP to use WT facilities. On shorthaul I apply common sense and my discretion. CE lavatories restricted to CE use in most circumstances for example when I’m in the aisle serving my customers or if the lavatory in CE is being used by CE customers. If however there are trollies in the aisle in ET, it is impossible for the ET crew to let customers move aft without stopping the service and with often very limited time on some flights, I have to take this into consideration when allowing the odd customer to use the CE lavatories, as long as it’s free and there is absolutely no queuing in the CE aisle, but I make that decision at the time. When it does happen from time to time, it’s not about the Cabin Crew being lazy, but we do have bigger fish to fry on many shorthaul services or we may have made an exception based on the circumstances at the time. When someone has to go, they have to go!
This is great to hear. Thank you for sharing and it’s legendary crew, like yourself, that keep many people, such as myself, flying with you and BA. Let’s hope this continues as a culture within the BA community.
HowMayIHelp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.