Wiki Posts
Search

Unexpected extra blessing with Joker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Unexpected extra blessing with Joker

I've been GGL for about six months, and the other day flew my first flight booked with a Joker . This was redeeming Avios, so no cash paid other than taxes, etc. Glancing at my account today, I was surprised (to put it mildly) to discover it has credited as a cash booking. Is this some GGL/Joker perk of which I was unaware - or just it tracking incorrectly and giving me an unexpected boost to my Avios and TPs?

Last edited by DominicB; Jul 3, 2019 at 8:03 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Definitely a bank error in your favour - I would keep quiet about it if I were you
rossmacd, teledude, YacozA and 8 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's a bank error in your favour and is not a perk of status. Probably best not to advertise the fact too widely either.

EDIT: I can't believe we used almost exactly the same words!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm actually starting to think you may be the same person. I've never actually seen the two of you together!
Braniq, tynmar and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I'm actually starting to think you may be the same person. I've never actually seen the two of you together!
Can't be. He's the smart one!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DominicB
I've been GGL for about six months, and the other day flew my first flight booked with a Joker - LHR-SIN in First. This was redeeming Avios, so no cash paid other than taxes, etc. Glancing at my account today, I was surprised (to put it mildly) to discover it has credited as a cash booking. Is this some GGL/Joker perk of which I was unaware - or just it tracking incorrectly and giving me an unexpected boost to my Avios and TPs?
No carrier imposed surcharges for BA to keep?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Okay, now I know you're trolling...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
STFU
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
I redeemed a 2-4-1 voucher the other day and it is still showing on my account as available. Shame i wonrt have time to redeem. I never tested the unexpected Gold renewal date being an additional year in the future due to too many flights last year. But in both I think STFU, but even in Monopoly there is only one of these cards...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Haha, definitely not
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Happens occasionally. Someone I know ( had same happen to him on 4x F redemptions from LHR to SYD many years ago!
stewaran likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

OP, I believe BA read this board and there can't be that many GGL's based where you are and who achieved that in the time period mentioned and who flew that route in the last few days in F using a Joker. If I were you I'd amend your opening post so it's more generic

Unlikely I know but that's what I'd do and take it as a bank favour in your error.

100 lines for you to write

Some things should not be posted about
Some things should not be posted about...………...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Happens occasionally. Someone I know ( had same happen to him on 4x F redemptions from LHR to SYD many years ago!
Several years ago my wife qualified for BAEC Silver status through an AAdvantage F redemption. At the time it was a fairly common outcome of a particular system glitch which was soon closed down.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by DominicB
...or just it tracking incorrectly and giving me an unexpected boost to my Avios and TPs?...
As much as I want to say throw a party and book the points on another fare, I wouldn't book any of those miles on another trip. I'd wait at least 90 days. A buddy of mine experienced an Amex booboo where he was credited 5x the amount of points to a points xfer partner. Luckily, there was no clawback of the erroneous points and he enjoyed them.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
same happened to me on a GUF/Joker redemption today and I was pleasantly surprised.

so what will happen if i "requalify" for GGL with 3000 TPs, then they reverse it in future?

Its hard to be living on the edge no!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.