Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skip Leg Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Skip Leg Question

If I book a RT from MOW to BOS/JFK, and then a ticket to BHD on the same day as the return to MOW will BA cancel my MOW or BHD legs? The departure on the BHD leg would be after the departure on the MOW leg. I have the necessary visa for the MOW return flight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
From my experience they will cancel neither. They could/would cancel if you had 2 bookings on the same flight or on the same route. You may want the flexibility and if you book 2 tickets all the better for them.

However you expose yourself to repricing or Avios reprisals on the ex-EU flight to the US if you never had any intention to take the last leg, and that is emphasised by the simultaneous booking to BHD. The risk is very limited, and perhaps one way of reducing it is to not have your Exec Club details in the BHD booking nor your real date of birth.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

I've never skipped a leg before, but it seems to me that it's not unreasonable for people's plans to change.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ibmman69
I've never skipped a leg before, but it seems to me that it's not unreasonable for people's plans to change.
i am not suggesting that you should or shouldn’t skip the last leg and don’t want to get in to the usual arguments about that.

however, picking up on your logic i agree plans change but you are able to call up and change the booking if you want to do so at a cost
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA

i am not suggesting that you should or shouldn’t skip the last leg and don’t want to get in to the usual arguments about that.

however, picking up on your logic i agree plans change but you are able to call up and change the booking if you want to do so at a cost
Haha. Yeah. Don't want to argue about anything. Thanks for your reply! I was mostly worried about a cancellation.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.