Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Departing VIE in Club Europe: lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

We’ll be departing Vienna tomorrow in CE. Which lounge does BA use here, and if it’s not the Sky Lounge (which I can access through priority pass) then how easy is it to get between that lounge and BA’s usual departure gate?

Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Hi. The Vienna lounge is listed in the Lounge guide linked.
Can’t help you with the second part of your question.

BA Lounge Database | Europe

orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
The BA lounge in VIE is the same as the PP one, on the left (used to be on the right) after passport control at the D gates.

The BA flights usually depart from one of the airbridge gates, which are literally a one minute walk away - although bear in mind the D gates don’t have central security so you will still need to go through security at the gate (no priority of any kind). I usually set off from the lounge half an hour before departure, by which time the queues at the gate tend to have cleared.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Quite an odd lounge with little rooms all over the place! Was a free for all boarding the buses if I remember rightly.

Last edited by parklife; Jul 2, 2019 at 8:23 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Last time I was at this lounge (January) it was absolutely heaving - not sure if this is usual but it was a struggle to find a seat, and there were very few with sockets. The food and beverage options were fine, although due to the number of people in the lounge they were running out quite quickly.

If not too busy, I imagine it would be a pleasant stop, however when I went last I was glad to only have about half on hour to wait. As others have mentioned, keep in mind the security at the gate.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.