Mocktails and other options with BA

Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Mocktails and other options with BA

Yes, I said it

Currently about to hit 4 weeks teetotal, but anyway.

For those that don't drink / only occasionally what is your tipple in the lounges and onboard?

Charlie in the CCR has been knocking me up booze free Espresso Martini equivalents, but keen to hear if I'm missing any gems
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by teledude
Yes, I said it

For those that don't drink / only occasionally what is your tipple in the lounges and onboard?

Charlie in the CCR has been knocking me up booze free Espresso Martini equivalents, but keen to hear if I'm missing any gems
Congratulations ^

I am boring when it comes to drinks, I usually stick with sparkling water and coke zero. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll try a "Bloody Shame" - in other words a Bloody Mary without the booze!
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
mocktails are usually best on middleastern airlines OP, but ask for a virgin version of whatever you like most, and they'll make it for you! maybe try a virgin kamikaze? lime juice + fizzy orange? (originally kamikaze if anyone wondering is vodka, contreau, lime juice equal parts)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I am boring when I chose drinks for my non-drinking times. But boring works. Fresh orange juice with a little ice. Or tomato juice with lots and lots of lea and perrins Worcestershire sauce.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
There are a number of suggestions here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1931442-club-world-without-alcohol-yeek.html
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If bitters are acceptable to you, you can bring those on board in small quantities in your liquids allowance and add them to the onboard soft drinks. Alcohol content of a soft drink with a dash of bitters is going to be > 0 but < 0.1%.

There are also powered soft drink mixes of many sorts which you can bring on board and mix with water (still or sparking) on board. Check out the "wellness" (i.e. hipster diet and exercise) section of a supermarket or health food store. Various manufacturers now sell water-infusion bags similar to a tea bag to be placed in a water bottle to flavour water.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
There are two mocktails on the menu for F but I cannot remember the details! I'll have a look on board tomorrow.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes, I said it

Wow Im surprised that hasnt been a thread in itself! Congratulations

I wonder if BAs alcohol stock has now recovered! The accountants are probably wondering whats going on

Hope you are well buddy.

There are new mocktails in WTP if you ever wander back there
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Not sure if its classed as a Mocktail as such but on a long haul down the back a while ago with a glass of Coke I put half the mini magnum in to make an Ice Cream Float!

Very refreshing and tasty 'drink'
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

There are new mocktails in WTP if you ever wander back there
WTP
rockflyertalk and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If I'm feeling adventurous I'll try a "Bloody Shame" - in other words a Bloody Mary without the booze!
I really like the "Bloody Shame" on airplanes - your taste buds are dulled and the spice manages to cut through that and taste great.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC
WTP
Yea...nevermind, you have you turn right for that!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
You cant beat a tomato juice with plenty of L&P, Tabasco and ice for refreshment.

Even better with some salty crisps to dunk in it
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The new WTP mocktail is "Citrus Twist - orange juice, apple juice and a twist of lemon", I think it is also available in CW bars, but I bet it's only 2 tins or so.

Congratulations on your 4 week dalliance with Lady Temperance!
teledude likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I like a 50/50 mix of either cranberry or orange juice and sparkling water. More interesting and less sweet than juice. Could be worth going prepared with as people said some hitters or perhaps lime or lime cordial as that can be handy to add something extra to BA simple drink.
wrp96 and CTwill like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.