Wiki Posts
Search

FF tier on meal sheets

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
FF tier on meal sheets

A quick question around whether your FF tier is recorded on the meal information sheet (the paper that crew record your meal preferences on, drinks request etc).

i caught a peek last week and found that the FF tier is highlighted next to the passenger (when Gold) but my wife who is GL had nothing written (alongside two other family members who were also GL)? Same again on the return flight, so was just wondering why Gold is highlighted and GL isn’t, unless of course my flights (to and from Singapore) were the exception.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:05 am

The meal order sheets are filled out with names/status/SPMLs etc by hand by the Galley Operator before crew go into the cabin to take orders. It’s possible that a simple mistake was made by not recording your Exec Status as these sometimes have to be filled in relatively rapidly in order to get the service going.
Could also be that the PIL which we use for names etc was wrong, but find this unlikely.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
As said all cardholders from Silver/Sapphire up should have their status written above their names, I have seen no mention of status on the passenger information list when customers are using redemption tickets.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Can I help you
As said all cardholders from Silver/Sapphire up should have their status written above their names, I have seen no mention of status on the passenger information list when customers are using redemption tickets.
Just to clarify, do you mean that if a passenger has status, it won't show if they have Bronze/Silver/Gold etc, or that the list doesn't show that the passenger is travelling on a redemption ticket? And do you know if it's another airline's redemption at all?

Interestingly I used BA Avios to redeem on a Qantas domestic flight a few months ago. We were sitting in 2A and 2C on a 3 row business cabin. The crew served Row 1, then 2D and 2F, popped over to us saying she'll serve us in a moment and would we like our drinks refilled, served row 3 and then came back to us with a reduced choice of options. I have been fortunate to travel on QF Staff Travel Benefits in the past and had this happen to me then - but it was expected (and done very elegantly might I add). It was a business heavy route (BNE-MEL), but we were travelling at 2pm so I wasn't expecting it to be full of QF Status pax, but it was a fairly full flight so they may have all been status hence why we were left to last! Not really an issue (as we'd filled up in the lounge), just curious as to processes. I hope we weren't left to last because we were travelling on BA Avios!!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes redemption tickets do not show any status at all, obviously (to me anyway) if someone has enough Avios to purchases a ticket they would have some sort of status.
When speaking to customers it seemed that they didn’t feel a need to put their card number in the booking as they wouldn’t be earning any benefits, I hope that makes sense?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Sometimes redemption tickets do not show any status at all, obviously (to me anyway) if someone has enough Avios to purchases a ticket they would have some sort of status.
When speaking to customers it seemed that they didn’t feel a need to put their card number in the booking as they wouldn’t be earning any benefits, I hope that makes sense?
Your status should be on the booking automatically on an Avios redemption ticket. Although you would not earn Avios/Tier points, you would be entitled to the benefits of your status e.g. first class check in & lounge access for a Gold member on an WT, WT+, or CW/CE ticket.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But my point is it is not, if you are travelling in First your status wouldn’t give you any extra ground benefits so you might think why add it to your booking?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
But my point is it is not, if you are travelling in First your status wouldn’t give you any extra ground benefits so you might think why add it to your booking?
1. It should be automatically added.

2. You DO get extra benefits (even in first) by having your status on your reservation - specifically, additional guest privileges in the F Lounge.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok didn’t know that but to be clear please add your numbers into your bookings.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
1. It should be automatically added.

2. You DO get extra benefits (even in first) by having your status on your reservation - specifically, additional guest privileges in the F Lounge.
I think two things are getting confused here, what is on the booking and what is on the PIL the cc get onboard. It is clear your BAEC number will be in the booking automatically when you book a redemption ticket for yourself - it's possible you may choose to remove it or swap with another OW FFP after booking, but otherwise your BAEC number will remain and any status level will be shown on the bp so you get any associated benefits.

What get's shown on the PIL is a different issue and that is what the OP is really questioning.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.