First Class Dining in Miami

Old Jul 1, 19, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, HH Diamond, BA, FB
First Class Dining in Miami

Excellent first class dining in Miami AA lounge. Flying BA 208 Krug Champagne and Lobster fab lounge with excellent attendants
vantage03 and jp-mco like this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by LondSE1 View Post
Excellent first class dining in Miami AA lounge. Flying BA 208 Krug Champagne and Lobster fab lounge with excellent attendants
"Excellent first class dining in (the New) Miami AA (Flagship) lounge", I assume and not the regular AA Club.
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:30 pm

I thought you only got flagship dining if flying first on AA metal?
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Indeed.

OP likely in just the Flagship Longe

but more details such as menu etc and comments on the facilities would be helpful
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
I thought you only got flagship dining if flying first on AA metal?
It's a new (but someone will point out unofficial) perk for First passengers when flying BA from MIA. We will be trying it out at the end of August when we fly back from MIA.
Old Jul 2, 19, 12:32 am

Great. Let me know how it is, flying F from MIA next year
Old Jul 2, 19, 12:53 am

Will do - it won't be a relaxing experience as we're flying with our two under 5s but the Krug should help!
tynmar likes this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
I'm assuming OW Emerald members cannot gain access to this lounge! Only those Flying F, any cheap avios tickets I can book as I have a 7 hour layover?
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oneworld emerald or sapphire gives you access to the flagship lounge with a fairy extensive hot and cold buffet. Similar in some ways to the BA LHR F lounge. To get access to the Flagship Dinning room you need an F ticket on AA long haul (or certain transcontinental) or BA. The Flagship Dinning room is similar to the Concorde dining room at LHR.
noddie09 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:39 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum Pro, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I used this 2 weeks ago, flying on BA208 in F. It’s a great perk. Couple of glasses of Krug, some tasty lobster, and a decent steak.
A couple of points that may help future travelers....
Upon arrival at the Flagship check in, we said that we would like to use the dining room. They provided me and the other half with dining room invitation cards, which we then handed over to the attendant at the entrance to the Flagship dining room.
This seemed a very underutilized service compared to other F dining such as PHL - I guess people aren’t aware of it. BA F check in certainly didn’t say anything about it to us. All 14 seats were taken on the plane, yet we were the only ones in Flagship dining.
Service was also fairly slow, compared to say, the CCR at LHR dining room. I would allow an hour at least. And the walk is a good 10-15 mins from lounge to gate.
But a great option for those wishing to maximize on sleep on the flight!
orbitmic and jp-mco like this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 6:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
but more details such as menu etc and comments on the facilities would be helpful
Ok here goes. This was from my most recent visit a couple of weeks ago prior to the late night BA210. I had a couple of hours to kill so used the table as an office and finished some work before dinner. Changed into shorts and T shirt on the flight brushed my teeth and got hold of my duvet and pillow before takeoff and was asleep within 10 minutes of wheels up. Slept the whole way in a delightfully cool cabin. One of my best overnight flights ever.

The Flagship First dinner was delicious.

Old Jul 2, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
Will do - it won't be a relaxing experience as we're flying with our two under 5s but the Krug should help!
Gin usually works best when trying to get under 5s to quiet down.
jp-mco and Passmethesickbag like this.
Old Oct 23, 19, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Can you bring a guest in to the Flagship First Dining section on BA? I know on AA metal, and CX metal out of JFK you are allowed, but wanted to know the rules for BA.
Old Jan 26, 20, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Krug still in place on a recent visit. F ticketed passengers only for BA it seems, with invitation issued at Flagship lounge entry. It has just over 20 covers at the tables, so seems pretty clear why no exceptions. It makes for good food and a generally quiet room. (Bliss).
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by DFB_london View Post
Krug still in place on a recent visit. F ticketed passengers only for BA it seems, with invitation issued at Flagship lounge entry. It has just over 20 covers at the tables, so seems pretty clear why no exceptions. It makes for good food and a generally quiet room. (Bliss).
thanks for the recent report. Are F-ticketed BA passengers exceptions only when enough tables are vacant or is IT common that they can enter?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: