Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita 787 Route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by gilbertball
We are travelling in F on BA6 from Narita to Heathrow in December.

I read in another thread something about it being FLUB - that they frequently change the First cabin to be Club service.

Is this something that might happen in December?

If so presumably we would recieve a refund on Avios x 2 (used 241 voucher)

Cheers
If you've paid F and they're running F, you'll get F.

If the plane has changed and you're downgraded to J, you'll be able to claim 75% of the one-way fare (which is very small, given it's a redemption booking), but you'll have a fight to see any of the Avios.

As the 787-9 with four cabins is still running LHR-NRT as far as I can see, however, I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Are you sure about this? I think BA are usually pretty good about refunding the Avios difference between F and J. The issue has been about the 75% of the miles (which the regulation is quite clear are a currency equivalent to cash. The real issue has been with the 2-4-1, which BA valued at zero, for the purposes of compensation. I think there may have been case about this now.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:40 am

As already noted, there have been aircraft changes filed on this route recently. The latest plan was filed yesterday:-

"London Heathrow – Tokyo Narita Further aircraft changes, 777-300ER replaces 787-9 from 10JUL20 to 13AUG20 (Previous plan: 01JUL20 – 24OCT20), First Class sold as Business Class"
MintWasabe likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA
Long time lurker

I recently used a 2-4-1 voucher and managed to bag seats in first for this route, going out August 2020 and coming home in September 2020. This thread alerted me to the aircraft change and subsequent downgrade (which is disappointing to say the least).

MMB doesn't show the aircraft type but we have been re-assigned to ^A/B on the way out so I'm assuming that's a 788? and then 11A/B on the way back so assuming that's a 773?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.