Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
So I just tried to make a new 241 and GUF2 booking on the Gold line...
  • There is Avios availability in both directions for CW.
  • There is no Avios availability in F but there is availability in the A bucket.
  • I wanted to book with Avios in CW then use my GUF2 to go to F.
The person on the phone told me this was not possible (and put me on hold while he checked with his duty manager, who confirmed this). He said it was not possible to combine all 3 things (241, GUF2 and using revenue "A" seats).

I thought that the rules now allowed for this? Am I correct in what I'm trying to do?

If I am right, does anyone know if there is any specific, written guidance I can point them towards (if, indeed, this is allowed?) I know that there's a travel trade page (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...d-card-upgrade) but that obviously doesn't cover using BA directly.

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by monkey
..He said it was not possible to combine all 3 things (241, GUF2 and using revenue "A" seats).

I thought that the rules now allowed for this? Am I correct in what I'm trying to do?
I've done that twice, 241, GUF2, A class, with open jaw. I thought your combo was all fine. It took 4 calls for me. GGL phone number, call 1 - all booked, please call back to pay as our payment browser is broken. Gold phone number (GGL closed), call 2 - Never heard of that rule, I'll have to transfer you to Avios in Warrington (?!). Avios number, call 3 - no idea, nothing to do with us. GGL number (now open) Call 4 - done in 30 seconds.

Some agents have not understood the change.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just ask them to check their emails as they received an update to the policy. I't was one of the agents in Warrington who told me this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
A positive update on my situation from a few posts back (trying to book 2 x CW Avios seats with an Amex 241 and then use a GUF2 to upgrade into revenue A class)...

I rang the Gold line again this morning and started by explaining what I was going to try to do before getting into the details. The very helpful agent said she needed to put me on hold to consult with her colleagues (with the key question being whether a 241 could be combined with a GUF2 "forcing" open revenue A seats). Ten minutes later she came back to say she'd checked and everything was fine to put through. All booked with a PNR and confirmed status in the next 5 mins... very efficient!

Well, I say, all booked. The payment and ticketing has to be handled by another department, which she said would happen within 24 hours... so I'm still waiting for that to happen!
happeemonkee likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by rjn21
I've done that twice, 241, GUF2, A class, with open jaw. I thought your combo was all fine. It took 4 calls for me. GGL phone number, call 1 - all booked, please call back to pay as our payment browser is broken. Gold phone number (GGL closed), call 2 - Never heard of that rule, I'll have to transfer you to Avios in Warrington (?!). Avios number, call 3 - no idea, nothing to do with us. GGL number (now open) Call 4 - done in 30 seconds.

Some agents have not understood the change.
Off topic but I didn't think GGL Line ever closed, just switches to a dedicated team in India during night hours
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Off topic but I didn't think GGL Line ever closed, just switches to a dedicated team in India during night hours
Correct.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I was trying to not confuse the agent as the 241 holder and travellers are gold, but using my GGL GUF2, so the traveller needed to make the payment themselves due to 241, and adding a GGL TPN (me) to the call seemed even more complex, so the traveller called to pay and they used the gold line.

In retrospect I should have just called GGL and had the traveller and 241 holder on the line to make the payment.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by rjn21
I was trying to not confuse the agent as the 241 holder and travellers are gold, but using my GGL GUF2, so the traveller needed to make the payment themselves due to 241, and adding a GGL TPN (me) to the call seemed even more complex, so the traveller called to pay and they used the gold line.

In retrospect I should have just called GGL and had the traveller and 241 holder on the line to make the payment.
Another option is to go to ba.com and add that person as a third party nominee or vice versa then you can deal with it all on one call .
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
I redeemed a GUF2 (exp 27/11/19) early September WTP - CW for travel in March 2020 booking with BA on the phone. It all ticketed fine and shows correctly in MMB. The GUF2 voucher however is still showing on my BA profile page as “redeemable “ expiry 27/11. Is this normal?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
I redeemed a GUF2 (exp 27/11/19) early September WTP - CW for travel in March 2020 booking with BA on the phone. It all ticketed fine and shows correctly in MMB. The GUF2 voucher however is still showing on my BA profile page as “redeemable “ expiry 27/11. Is this normal?
Normally it should disappear as soon as applied, at most a couple of hours after.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Lefly
Normally it should disappear as soon as applied, at most a couple of hours after.
Recently I had situations when it disappears when eticket is reissued instead
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Recently I had situations when it disappears when eticket is reissued instead
So far I have been so lucky to have all upgraded tickets reissued within the hour, so I never noticed something like this. But it makes sense.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Do bookings via an agent still credit TPs/ Avois as per the upgraded booking classes (as opposed to BA GUF bookings that [if done properly by a BA agent] would credit only as per the ticketed fare ie as per booking classes before an uprade)?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Keter
Do bookings via an agent still credit TPs/ Avois as per the upgraded booking classes (as opposed to BA GUF bookings that [if done properly by a BA agent] would credit only as per the ticketed fare ie as per booking classes before an uprade)?
no, unless you’re lucky in which case you don’t want to publicise it.

(the first rule of fight club is...)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keter
BA are now taking action to ensure that TA bookings with a GUF only get the TPs at the pre-upgraded cabin level, see the thread here Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents

There may be good reasons to use a TA still, but expectation of higher TPs should no longer be one of them.
Keter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.