Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Is this just for revenue bookings or can you upgrade Avios bookings? I have a GUF that I’m planning to use later in the year but have an itinerary that would very much benefit from this!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Is this just for revenue bookings or can you upgrade Avios bookings? I have a GUF that I’m planning to use later in the year but have an itinerary that would very much benefit from this!
I’ll answer my own question. Avios bookings are also included. I have just upgraded a J booking made with an Amex 241 to First.

Genuine enhancement ^
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Does anyone have recent experience of using GUFs to F via a TA (or using a Joker to open award availability in F) on these routes (it was DXB and maybe BOS, can’t recall exactly right now)?
Yes. I used a Joker to release LHR-BOS reward availability in F. I booked via the GGL team at the end of May.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
This is great. Why on earth would BA not communicate this?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
And the best answer I can think of is that it may be a trial and so they want to be able to remove it should it go Pete Tong. But they could have done that by announcing it as a 2 month promotion and if all goes well get a second load of goodwill with the announcement "By popular request...."
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Hold on. Isn't one of the benefits with a TA that the upgraded class is put into a revenue bucket. So you would earn the upgraded class' TP and Avios? Will this change allow something similar to be done directly with BA?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:43 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Hold on. Isn't one of the benefits with a TA that the upgraded class is put into a revenue bucket. So you would earn the upgraded class' TP and Avios? Will this change allow something similar to be done directly with BA?
That has never been the case - officially you have always earned for the cabin you paid for. BA’s IT may have been a little flaky in the past and some people may have got lucky - but in any case, that little loophole was closed some months ago.

The closure of the loophole and this policy change may, indeed, have some connection.
orbitmic and cgtechuk like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And the best answer I can think of is that it may be a trial and so they want to be able to remove it should it go Pete Tong. But they could have done that by announcing it as a 2 month promotion and if all goes well get a second load of goodwill with the announcement "By popular request...."
The process to force the release of revenue seats into the award bucket for the Avios booking upgrade took quite a bit of time. The agent said that the whole process took about an hour the first time he did it but he’s managed to get that down to about 25 minutes. Even upgrading an Avios booking where there is availability takes a bit of time so I guess they want the processes to bed in first.

Having said that, they knew exactly what I was talking about and said they’d already had a good response.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Does anyone know if this facility will work to upgrade BA metal flights when the itinerary includes a BA codeshare flight on a partner’s metal?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Confirmed on @Raffles blog this morning, with sources being "BA Staff".

I got to 1600 TPs early this year, and only have about 250TP-worth booked for the rest of the year, but there's a 50-50 chance of a NY trip in October and now this carrot dangling... I thought I was done with TP runs for this year!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alex67500
Confirmed on @Raffles blog this morning, with sources being "BA Staff".
It would seem the OP already confirmed it with BA staff tho
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:13 am

I’ve already been a beneficiary of this.

This isn’t a secret. Just call the Gold line and they will confirm it themselves.
alex67500 and KARFA like this.

Last edited by srbrenna; Jul 1, 2019 at 9:50 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
It would seem the OP already confirmed it with BA staff tho
I even managed to dress myself this morning and get to work all on my own

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jul 1, 2019 at 4:47 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I even managed to dress myself this morning and get to work all by myself
Darling, based on what you wear perhaps getting some help with that may be better tbh
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Red face

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I even managed to dress myself this morning and get to work all by myself
Mea Culpa, I read too quickly on a Monday morning I put my size 10 glove on my size 12 keyboard (or something like that...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.