Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Reward Flight Pricing for USA - potentially trial, books into I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Reward Flight Pricing for USA - potentially trial, books into I

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
As this corroborates the information from members up-thread, I've amended the thread title to reflect availability to all members.

/mod
I think it's fair to guess that blog is by teledude, rather than being corroboration. But the title change, yes.
teledude likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Ability to combine with a 241?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Ability to combine with a 241?
Finding out now.....

Edit - interesting again

No to 2-4-1...BUT yes to GUFs.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by teledude
Finding out now.....

Edit - interesting again

No to 2-4-1...BUT yes to GUFs.
Got the same info. Also that this has a specific title in house - "Additional Price Point Options". Was told that its only available for new bookings, not existing bookings looking to upgrade, but that this wasn't entirely clear in the T&Cs so worth speaking to the revenue booking team to see what they had been told).
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Got the same info. Also that this has a specific title in house - "Additional Price Point Options". Was told that its only available for new bookings, not existing bookings looking to upgrade, but that this wasn't entirely clear in the T&Cs so worth speaking to the revenue booking team to see what they had been told).
I just spent over an hour on the phone and was told about the same, new bookings only, they were going to check with the revenue booking team but got disconnected. Has anyone had success with an upgrade?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by teledude
Very interesting.

On the phone now getting more details...but..

It's J only.
NA only.
All exec club tiers.
Same rules as normal avios tix for changes and cancellations.
Launched silently.

More detail on way.

Edit -

Started June 17th
Applies to US and UK members only.
NA Canada and Mexico included.
Books into I class
No off or on peak pricing.
Applies for UuA too into I from WTP.
Can only be booked over the phone.

JFK 194k
LAX 224k
Interesting, I was told there is a difference between off-peak/peak dates. The agent seemed to be getting everything else right but would be good to get some definitive clarification. While it may seem obvious, you can also combine this new pricing one-way with standard Avios pricing on the other leg. Useful for when you can't get any availability in one particular direction but the return isn't an issue or vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.