Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Centenary Offers" sale (until 16th July)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Centenary Offers" sale (until 16th July)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
Does BA ever do sales where the origin is not the UK?
Yes. They are quite selective about origin countries. 2 weeks ago there were some good fares from Spain. I’m currently getting prices for a trip and France is by far the cheapest. You just have to do some dummy quotes in Google flights or whatever is your preferred search engine.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'm most interested in how well you guys and gals can manipulate this sale to greatest possible advantage with some obscure routing and Avios off cash pricing discounts... Watching avidly.
Well, LON-GOA is on sale and thus HEL-LON-GOA is pretty competitive, which is a combination of two fares. Didn't really care to look at what they advertised on the website, besides GOA, because the offerings were IMHO meh by and large. The more interesting thing has been the BA snapshot sales that you usually only find by reading FT and alikes.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
Does BA ever do sales where the origin is not the UK?
Does BA ever do sales where the origin is not the UK London?

Fixed it for you
AlanA, passy777 and iamnibblypig like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I got the email and it stated that Singapore was on sale? Currently the fares to Singapore are anything but inspiring...

Has anyone found any good ones yet?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
I thought HKG in First for £2500 wasn’t bad??
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:08 pm

INV-SJC in F for about £1750
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by magnagraecia
Not really a sale, can't find anything of particularly good value. Well nothing enough to tempt me. The NY flight sale is a bit of a deception. They only have the latests months available to buy from during the sale, of April/May. For £280. For January/March/Feb the flights are £278 which is the standard price for BA HB to NY. The reason they are allowed to call the April/May as "sale" is because the months most far in the future that you can book with BA, are the most expensive. It's no sale at all.
Isn’t it up to them to call a sale a sale, take it or leave it. £278 is ridiculous value to NYC, if you can handle Economy that is.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:31 pm

Been monitoring CE prices for a while and there are genuinely some price drops here. Booked Gothenburg, Bucharest and Tirana and my Gold status is finally sorted
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
PVG in Y for £399 is also excellent, and you can upgrade to W on the return for £547 total. Similar prices for PEK.

Anyone worried about whether they can "handle" JFK in Y should probably not be considering PVG though...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'm most interested in how well you guys and gals can manipulate this sale to greatest possible advantage with some obscure routing and Avios off cash pricing discounts... Watching avidly.
INV-LAS 760 TP for £1233 in November?
Lefly and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by pinkcat
INV-LAS 760 TP for £1233 in November?
Thanksgiving Fare, valid for travel 19 Nov to 02 Dec only. £400 more in F too
Markie and Lefly like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BA, Vigin Atlantic
LGW WT+ RTN November, £719, £40 cheaper than last year. Not a great discount so (for the first time ever, because I prefer to fly BA) I checked with Norwegian air for their price of equivalent to WT+...limited flight times/days...£939. BA still not a bad deal by comparison.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Deltus
PVG in Y for £399 is also excellent, and you can upgrade to W on the return for £547 total. Similar prices for PEK.

Anyone worried about whether they can "handle" JFK in Y should probably not be considering PVG though...
Also should thoroughly check the plane types. It's often the unrefurbished 772s on the PVG route - as I've found on two returns this year - which is BA's worst of worst if you're hoping for good IFE.

Still, the price is decent!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LadyPenelope
LGW WT+ RTN November, £719, £40 cheaper than last year. Not a great discount so (for the first time ever, because I prefer to fly BA) I checked with Norwegian air for their price of equivalent to WT+...limited flight times/days...£939. BA still not a bad deal by comparison.
Err, LGW to where? I'm assuming you're not talking about RTN airport, in rural New Mexico...
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA, Vigin Atlantic
oops! LGW-TPA!
Deltus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.