Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New champagne glasses CW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Ah yes, a game I'm frequently forced to partake in on Cathay Pacific. I do hope BA crew will adopt a more sensible approach here and serve double measures by default. No-one who appreciates alcohol wants 25ml of Tanqueray topped up with tonic to the rim of the glass.
Ask for lots of ice! At the other end of the spectrum the AA default approach seems to be to half fill the glass with ice then pour in a double measure of gin and realise there’s no space for tonic left. Oh well

I find JL have this down to a tee actually - pour half of the 50ml miniature into the glass, pour half of the can of tonic into glass, serve customer part-filled glass along with both opened containers (with the labels pointing towards you, of course).
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold

So, this is it:
​​​​​
Paren likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:43 am

Oh, ok. Bit underwhelmed really.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:47 am

It does feel nicer in the hand than the previous stemmed one, seems to have a bit of weight in the stem.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:54 am

Meanwhile on Qatar....

NoY, JimEddie, tmac100 and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I know some of you do not like the stemless glasses we currently use, good news for you are that a new stemmed glass will be introduced on the 29th June.
i hated the stemless glasses
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA

So, this is it:
​​​​​
hope it’s bigger than the ones used in CE.?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Oh, ok. Bit underwhelmed really.
I actually like the stemless glasses. Similar to what SQ uses - they are contemporary and sleek. This with pudgy stem looks old fashioned.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:23 am

Doesn’t really seem to fit with the ethos of updating the service/increasing the quality. Looks like the cheap glasses they serve Prosecco in as a PDB in WTP....
NoY and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Meanwhile on Qatar....
For those who haven't flown QR through turbulent skies, don't tall stemmed glasses struggle to stay upright? I say this was the primary reason for having stemless glasses, with the bonus that a good crew could pour a good slug of fizz into them too
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m sure it cheaper, why else would BA change it, the bottles with have pourers attached that dispense one measure?
I suppose it also results in less single-use plastic waste (I'm thinking of the little 50ml bottles of Tanqueray), and probably takes up less space in the galley? I would hope it's also easier for CC -- measured spirit pourers should be much faster than screwing the lid off every drink you have to make and pouring out by eye.

Given that the little spirit bottle was no longer presented to the customer, this feels inevitable. I don't really see how an automatic pour of (say) 25ml from a large bottle is really any worse for the customer than CC pouring out half of a 50ml mini-bottle in the galley.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
A couple of months ago, there was a post suggesting that the breakfast smoothies were going to be "enhanced" due to issues washing the glasses. Are these new glasses in any way linked to that situation? (Were they not the same glasses?)

oes this give the smoothie a reprise?
Ooh I certainly miss that thread. And the fresh orange juice one(s).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
A couple of months ago, there was a post suggesting that the breakfast smoothies were going to be "enhanced" due to issues washing the glasses. Are these new glasses in any way linked to that situation? (Were they not the same glasses?)

oes this give the smoothie a reprise?
I do hope so, such a pathetic excuse.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
... I don't really see how an automatic pour of (say) 25ml from a large bottle is really any worse for the customer than CC pouring out half of a 50ml mini-bottle in the galley.
Of course it’s worse. It’s just that nobody has yet worked out how. ;-)
IFE Wizard and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Meanwhile on Qatar....

It is just a glass! Last time I flew QR they were putting Pommery in those things. No thanks.
I believe it is not the case now though but still, what is in the glass is more important to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.