New champagne glasses CW

Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The full size bottles will be Tanqueray, Gordon’s, Ciroc, Black Label and The Singleton 12 year old malt.
Thanks. I prefer Tanqueray over Gordon’s so at least they are continuing to stock both of those.

I can see some logic there after drinks were being mixed in the galley and with a limited range of spirits, not much point in stocking loads of little bottles.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac
Exactly - the new CW tumbler is very nice and on all of my recent CW trips decided on G&Ts rather than my usual wine and Champagnes and wondered if others may have done the same thus the introduction of proper stemware back in CW.
Of all the ridiculous things I've heard on FT I am honestly shocked that people are making a drink choice based on the shape of the glass it is served in. REALLY?
esledo and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:07 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Of all the ridiculous things I've heard on FT I am honestly shocked that people are making a drink choice based on the shape of the glass it is served in. REALLY?
There are whole different shaped glasses for different styles of wine - and I'm not talking simply red and white. A burgundy glass is very different from a glass for Bordeaux. Also simply because a wine glass is huge, doesn't mean it should be filled even a quarter of the way up the glass. All to do with the bouquet...
wrp96 and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:51 pm

I’m sure it cheaper, why else would BA change it, the bottles with have pourers attached that dispense one measure?
Surely this will increase the workload for CC. Pouring from a bottle will take more time and no doubt involve passengers asking for specific pour levels.

A new form of Russian roulette as some CC will pour monster levels while others just a splash.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
I’m sure it cheaper, why else would BA change it, the bottles with have pourers attached that dispense one measure?
I assume we can ask for a double in that case....
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Warszawiak
I'm waiting for the first pictures. I'm not one to complain about something even before I see it.
Are you new around here?

Oh, yes you are, welcome!
NoY, IFE Wizard and Hilde like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Are you new around here?

Oh, yes you are, welcome!
Thanks for the welcome Sam Bee.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Surely this will increase the workload for CC. Pouring from a bottle will take more time and no doubt involve passengers asking for specific pour levels.

A new form of Russian roulette as some CC will pour monster levels while others just a splash.
As I said above the bottles will pour out a set amount, until I see this in practice I cannot tell you if it’s a single or double shot but I will let everyone know.
Of course anyone can ask for a stronger drink.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Absolutely! I like drinking gin and I like drinking wine/Champagne.... but I don’t like drinking wine/Champagne from a tumbler (and you can infer from that what you want but I think most people in a restaurant or bar wouldn’t be happy ordering a glass of wine only for it to be served in normal low-ball glass ) so I opt for gin, it simply makes the decision easier for me!
twincheeks and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Speaking of sprints, we will only have large bottle of whisky, malt, gin and vodka in CW from the 1st July.
I ask this half seriously and half jokingly - presumably there will be one bottle per deck on the 747/380? Sadly it wouldn’t surprise me to see the crew carrying a single bottle of gin up and down the stairs...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:19 pm

Speaking of sprints, we will only have large bottle of whisky, malt, gin and vodka in CW from the 1st July.
I really hope there is an “s” missing from the word “bottle” above!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
A couple of months ago, there was a post suggesting that the breakfast smoothies were going to be "enhanced" due to issues washing the glasses. Are these new glasses in any way linked to that situation? (Were they not the same glasses?)

oes this give the smoothie a reprise?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
A couple of months ago, there was a post suggesting that the breakfast smoothies were going to be "enhanced" due to issues washing the glasses. Are these new glasses in any way linked to that situation? (Were they not the same glasses?)

oes this give the smoothie a reprise?
I was going to ask this too. Use the stemless glasses for the smoothie.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Mns1977

I really hope there is an “s” missing from the word “bottle” above!
Per bar, there are 4 or 5 bars on the B744 plus one on the upper deck, 4 on the B777 and 3 on the B787.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Ah yes, a game I'm frequently forced to partake in on Cathay Pacific. I do hope BA crew will adopt a more sensible approach here and serve double measures by default. No-one who appreciates alcohol wants 25ml of Tanqueray topped up with tonic to the rim of the glass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.