Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Schedule Changes 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:31 am

Also flights to BOM have gone up to three per day. Two appear to have first class one does not and the 787 appears to be making a very expensive reappearance!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BA
I was super organised and nabbed some reward flights to GNB for next winter, only for last week's schedule change to trash my connection from ABZ, requiring an overnight stay in LHR...fortunately Avios availability to and from GVA had opened up in the meantime so I was able to switch to that and avoid an 0710 departure from ABZ with the kids...and the hire car from GVA will be cheaper too, so I'll take that as a win ^.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by KARFA
Aren't they moving to the new airport? Did your search capture PKX as well as PEK?
I search Beijing in the app. No way I could search by PKX though.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO
I search Beijing in the app. No way I could search by PKX though.
Are you searching for a cash or reward booking?

If I search on the website entering PKX works and autocompletes for Daxing. For rewards just enter PKX in the box, it doesn't autocomplete but don't worry about that - click search and it brings up the Daxing flights.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Are you searching for a cash or reward booking?

If I search on the website entering PKX works and autocompletes for Daxing. For rewards just enter PKX in the box, it doesn't autocomplete but don't worry about that - click search and it brings up the Daxing flights.
I searched for a cash booking using the app. Probably it’s still not updated to accommodate PKX. Thanks for the advice.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I received seven emails/texts from BA yesterday notifying me of changes to flights I had booked on the Manchester/LHR route from November to March. BA have just released their winter timetable and Manchester flights are being reduced from 59 to 46 per week. The cancellations that impacted me most were the evening flights from LHR to MAN on Friday and Saturday. I suspect that this will impact several customers e.g. in my case I use the Saturday evening flight after 3pm football matched at the Emirates. I suspect that this will also impact customers on connecting flights to Manchester via Heathrow. Thanks British Airways...
I have a flight on wed dec 4th arriving lhr at 18:35 - I have now found out - not by ba telling me - that I will now not be able to connect with the last man flight that day which is 1825 !!!!!!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
W19 Frequency Reductions:

MAN from 59 to 46 x Weekly
FCO from 42 to 38 x Weekly
KEF from 11 to 7 x Weekly
FRA from 45 to 39 x Weekly
STR from 13 to 12 x Weekly
CPH from 40 to 37 x Weekly
OSL from 27 to 25 x Weekly
INN from 8 to 5 x Weekly
TXL from 54 to 49 x Weekly
MUC from 54 to 46 x Weekly
ARN from 33 to 32 x Weekly
GIB from 13 to 9 x Weekly
HAJ from 13 to 12 x Weekly
BUD from 23 to 20 x Weekly
DUS from 42 to 41 x Weekly
AGP from 6 to 4 x Weekly
VCE from 14 to 9 x Weekly (Removal of night stop)
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The aircraft swap to/from HKG for northern winter 2018/19 attracted quite a lot of attention last year. (For those new to this issue, normally the earlier BA31/BA32 are operated by a 380 and the later BA27/BA28 by a 777, but last northern winter saw the aircraft basically swapped for the whole season, at relatively short notice.)

For northern winter 2019/20, availability displays have consistently shown the swap in place, but with an indicator that it was not yet confirmed. It looks like BA has now confirmed the swap, and I have updated the thread on the topic: BA Hong Kong equipment changes.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:13 pm

777 new Club

If anyone hasn't noticed, some flying seems to be loaded with the new seatmap on the 777-200. First rows 1-2. Club rows 5-17.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Just received notification that BA684/685 LHR-INN (Innsbruck) have been cancelled in December. We had a Christmas market holiday booked.

There now no longer seems to be anything between LHR and INN, but can see on the date we were flying back , 8th December, there are BA services INN-LGW-GLA which match almost exactly the timings we had. I expect BA will be happy to move us to this on the return, but can they rebook as on another carrier from GLA (or LHR/LGW) to INN on Friday 6th? Or do we need to take the cancellation/refund option.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Also flights to BOM have gone up to three per day. Two appear to have first class one does not and the 787 appears to be making a very expensive reappearance!
My BOM flights in November have changed this week from a 4 class 777 to what looks like an old 777 3 class (same layout as my recent BKK flight in Club).
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GK1981
Just received notification that BA684/685 LHR-INN (Innsbruck) have been cancelled in December. We had a Christmas market holiday booked.

There now no longer seems to be anything between LHR and INN, but can see on the date we were flying back , 8th December, there are BA services INN-LGW-GLA which match almost exactly the timings we had. I expect BA will be happy to move us to this on the return, but can they rebook as on another carrier from GLA (or LHR/LGW) to INN on Friday 6th? Or do we need to take the cancellation/refund option.
would the LGW-INN flight be any use to you on Friday 6 December? It departs at 0840.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by GK1981
Just received notification that BA684/685 LHR-INN (Innsbruck) have been cancelled in December.
Which dates? I see a lot of LHR-INN flights still in the availability display.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:24 am

would the LGW-INN flight be any use to you on Friday 6 December? It departs at 0840.
Thanks @KARFA,the BA site isn't showing me any flights on the 6th, I'll try another search, as that could work, with an overnight in LGW. At present, the following weekend(13/15th), LHR-INN-LHR 684/685 are still scheduled to operate, so going to call and find out if they are pending cancellation, and if not, can we move to the following weekend instead.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Which dates? I see a lot of LHR-INN flights still in the availability display.
I was booked (GLA-) LHR-INN 6th December, returning 8th December. Initially nothing else was available, but now see the LGW-INN-LGW on Sunday 8th, however the BA684/685 from LHR still seem to be scheduled on 13/15th December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.