Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Schedule Changes 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
While the Madrid has gone from 5x daily to 6x daily most days. The 777 rotation is no more????

So overall capacity drop possible(?). Seems odd. Also all the A321 flights seem to be A320/319 losing seats too. I haven’t looked at IB frequencies.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by april2018
It would be much better if they added a few flights from Aberdeen to Gatwick instead.
Agreed
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:59 pm

Great to see GLA have some of the cuts over the last 1-2 years restored ^
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by george77300
While the Madrid has gone from 5x daily to 6x daily most days. The 777 rotation is no more????

So overall capacity drop possible(?). Seems odd. Also all the A321 flights seem to be A320/319 losing seats too. I haven’t looked at IB frequencies.
Aircraft are normally loaded a bit closer to the time. I don't think the 777 is no more, first of all it's mainly for cargo reasons, second of all since the 767s are gone the flights have been extremely busy and quite far in advance, even when they operate the route with 4x321/32Q and 1x 777 (not to mention IB!)
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Frequency increases on UK-EU routes for Winter 19? Clearly BA has ruled out the possibility of a no-deal exit from the EU in October.
babats, redpalmetto and djbenedict like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Do we know if these are all the changes for W19 or will there be more frequency decreases/time changes in the next few weeks?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by YClass
A more useful time would have been helpful! 20 minutes is odd and I bet many people will get lost going to wrong gate and delaying boarding. I was hoping for an afternoon/evening option. Would have made it more useful. Though at least Fri-Sun so good for weekends. And more avios seats for weekend trips.... Also a T5-T3 move...
It seems these flights have now sorted themselves out. There is a daily service around midday with a morning service on both Friday and Sunday.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:05 am

I have noticed a few reductions creeping into the W19 schedule at LHR:

AGP - From 6 to 4 x Weekly
GIB - From 13 to 9 x Weekly
KEF - From 11 to 7 x Weekly

I expect there will be a full list published soon.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by lcylocal

14 a week from ending Kiev and St Petersburg. But that doesn’t account for all of the above by any stretch.
I presume the slots will also come from the cessation of the Summer only services to JMK, JTR and IBZ etc.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
London’s Favourite Airline...

I received seven emails/texts from BA yesterday notifying me of changes to flights I had booked on the Manchester/LHR route from November to March. BA have just released their winter timetable and Manchester flights are being reduced from 59 to 46 per week. The cancellations that impacted me most were the evening flights from LHR to MAN on Friday and Saturday. I suspect that this will impact several customers e.g. in my case I use the Saturday evening flight after 3pm football matched at the Emirates. I suspect that this will also impact customers on connecting flights to Manchester via Heathrow. Thanks British Airways...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
They have had great fun with Malta flights. One (First week of Feb) was completely cancelled and two more (also Feb) had time changes of 8 hours - all leaving us high and dry. I have no idea what is going on but I wish it would settle down. Unfortunately they were connecting flights and so its now either the aged Air Malta planes or Ezy - and no TP's. Thats the last time I try to be organised, book early and snag some cheap flights. They must be doing some massive housekeeping, because last time I looked the first week of Feb was still showing as ('no flights available').

Needless to say there is no free dedicated line offered in order to deal with these changes and I have had to sit on the phone from Malta listening to the Pearl fishers ad nauseam to try and sort it.

Signed, Grumpy of MLA
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:30 pm

I am looking at booking some flights for January as I have seen a good deal but I am hesitant about time changes. When will the flights stabilise and all changes be complete?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I am looking at booking some flights for January as I have seen a good deal but I am hesitant about time changes. When will the flights stabilise and all changes be complete?
If only we knew! it seems beyond ridiculous this year.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Upon random searching, it was noted that no seats were found after Oct 19 to Beijing. Is BA cancelling this route in winter time?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO
Upon random searching, it was noted that no seats were found after Oct 19 to Beijing. Is BA cancelling this route in winter time?
Aren't they moving to the new airport? Did your search capture PKX as well as PEK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.