Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New World Traveller Plus Amenities - Roll July 1st / Aug 1st 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New World Traveller Plus Amenities - Roll July 1st / Aug 1st 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
New World Traveller Plus Amenities - Roll out July 1st / Aug 1st 2019

As per the press launch article on BAs Media Centre website.

British Airways - BRITISH AIRWAYS ROLLS OUT PHASE TWO OF ITS WORLD TRAVELLER PLUS INVESTMENT

WTP is getting new amenity kits and blankets.

British Airways is rolling out the next phase of its investment in its premium economy, World Traveller Plus cabin, by introducing a range of new amenities for customers.

New amenity kits using material from recycled plastic bottles will be introduced from July 1 and will include all the essential items travellers need for a flight, including an eyeshade, soft socks, a pen, a toothbrush and toothpaste and lip balm from the Scaramouche & Fandango range.

Amenity Bag

The quilt

The quilt

The cushion

New Cocktails/Mocktail added to the menu

The airline will also be introducing alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails to the World Traveller Plus bar menu. These will include a Gin Fizz or Bloody Mary for a cocktail, or a Citrus Twist for a non-alcoholic alternative.

Cocktails and mocktail include:

Gin Fizz – gin, orange juice and sparkling water
Bloody Mary - vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and spice
Citrus Twist - orange juice, apple juice and a twist of lemon

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Jun 26, 2019 at 5:37 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Was not aware - thanks ! Looks like a nice touch.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
They look pretty smart. Looks like a return to the kind of kits they did years ago?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:58 am
Original Poster

I like the design of the bag and also thats its made from recycled bits. Thats a good thing, surely? Its also nice to have a proper kit for this cabin. I'm not sure of the quilt, but you can't tell much from the photos. I look forward to trying it all at some point.

They are also adding 3 new beverages to the menu. See above.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
One can hope BA will offer similar pillow as AA PE
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:43 am
Suspended

Not only is this lipstick on a pig for the customers on rust-bucket 747s and 772s, its not even lipstick at all.

Those ‘cocktails’ are currently available in economy today, you just have to ask for it. You can even get them for free on short-haul BA CityFlyer flights.

A blanket is a blanket, if BA introduced them with no fanfare as a tiny ‘surprise and delight’ gesture it might have been cute - but this marketing drivel is ‘scum of the earth’ territory.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Will ear plugs no longer be included in the amenity kit? They're about the only item I ever use
StingWest likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Are there any mocktails in F yet?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by drakepassage
Not only is this lipstick on a pig for the customers on rust-bucket 747s and 772s, its not even lipstick at all.

Those ‘cocktails’ are currently available in economy today, you just have to ask for it. You can even get them for free on short-haul BA CityFlyer flights.

A blanket is a blanket, if BA introduced them with no fanfare as a tiny ‘surprise and delight’ gesture it might have been cute - but this marketing drivel is ‘scum of the earth’ territory.
Think you’ve deffo won today’s happy camper award!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

Cheaper than Skytrax at least.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Am interested to see how much improvement the cushion is - bigger and most substance or the same small useless one?

Cheers!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
LOL

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

TBF even by BA standards this is hyping hyperbole

I am in W on the HKG to LHR BA 32 on July 8 so get chance to experience this magic blanket. The cabin on 32 and 28 is looking busy with adjacent cabins wide open. Happy to volunteer for a downgrade at the right price.

TBH I only bought W over Y for the Tier Point and Avios value on the price difference on the return leg pricing.

Food in both cabins has deteriorated dramatically recently after last years improvement blip.

And getting to the washrooms from W on BA's fleet is a joke especially at meal service.
Wong Jnr and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The amenity kit looks much like one from CW circa 10
years ago...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I'm a bit miffed by the supposed fanfare comments, I don't see any fanfare as such. It's simply a media release that is put through their media centre site, that I very much doubt any joe public knows about or comes across. BA have not put this on social media or any other place that I can see.

It's been made aware of and shared on FT because thats the kind of great place it is, so unless your an avid user of FT BAEC then there won't be any fanfare as far as I know.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Jun 27, 2019 at 3:29 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Modo
Food in both cabins has deteriorated dramatically recently after last years improvement blip.
Can I query this? The catering moved a month or two back to Do&Co, and though I don't have any WTP experience on that route, the CW meals definitely improved with the changeover. Is it your view that the Do&Co WTP meals to HKG are worse than the previous caterer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.