GGL Spa Treatments Prebooking.

Old Jun 25, 19, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BAEC (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, FPC (Premier), MR
GGL Spa Treatments Prebooking.

My understanding is that, as a GGL member of the executive club, I can prebook spa treatments up to 28 days in advance. Does anyone know if I can use the form on the BA website to do this? Only reason I ask, is it only mentions those travelling in First. It would be far easier than emailing the GGL line every time.

Thanks.

HE.
Old Jun 25, 19, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Only F passengers can book in advance. GGL and gold can it book on arrival at the airport on the day.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 25, 19, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by highexpectations View Post
OP, it seems your expectations were a little too high on this occasion....
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BAEC (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, FPC (Premier), MR
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
OP, it seems your expectations were a little too high on this occasion....
the only reason I asked is because of what I read in the GGL beginners guide section on this very website:-

“Similar to when flying in first class, cabana and spa reservations may be made up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders. Cabanas and spa treatments may also be requested upon arrival. Both the cabanas and spa treatments are subject to availability.”

so so does this mean that the information above is incorrect?

Last edited by highexpectations; Jun 26, 19 at 3:37 am Reason: Adding information
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by highexpectations View Post

the only reason I asked is because of what I read in the GGL beginners guide section on this very website:-

ďSimilar to when flying in first class, cabana and spa reservations may be made up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders. Cabanas and spa treatments may also be requested upon arrival. Both the cabanas and spa treatments are subject to availability.Ē

so so does this mean that the information above is incorrect?
i believe thatís entirely incorrect indeed.
Old Jun 26, 19, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I've only been able to book in advance when travelling in F. Maybe the person was writing the content late on a Friday afternoon..

In fact in the GGL section on ba.com it doesn't mention spa treatments at all.

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Jun 26, 19 at 4:07 am
Old Jun 26, 19, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post

i believe thatís entirely incorrect indeed.
How is that statement incorrect? It explicitly states CCR holders can reserve in advance. GGL does not necessarily equal CCR. When you first reach GGL you would have acquired 5000TP and would have received CCR as well. A GGL renewal at 3000 TP does not renew your CCR.

So I think the statement is correct. 😊
Old Jun 26, 19, 6:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BAEC View Post

How is that statement incorrect? It explicitly states CCR holders can reserve in advance. GGL does not necessarily equal CCR. When you first reach GGL you would have acquired 5000TP and would have received CCR as well. A GGL renewal at 3000 TP does not renew your CCR.

So I think the statement is correct. 😊
I don't think CCR holders who are not traveling in F can do it either. In this case I don't think there's any difference between GGL and CCR card holders.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 26, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
This is a change, so maybe it was correct when written but is no longer correct. All GGLs used to be able to pre-book spa arrangements at 28-days out, regardless of class of travel or if they were CCR card holders, as long as they were traveling long-haul. That changed maybe two (?) years ago. Now it is only confirmed First ticket holders, regardless of status, who can attempt* to book early - everyone else who is otherwise eligible for a spa treatment will have to try their luck on the day-of-departure.

*attempt to: just holding a First Class ticket does not guarantee that you will get an appointment. Even when calling or emailing exactly 28 days out, I'm only around 30% of the time able to successfully secure an advance booking. My personal opinion is that BA have no intention of actually following through with providing the service and have removed all investment from the offering, but for competitive reasons they need to advertise that it's offered. Similar to the lottery claiming to have loads of millionaires, your chances of becoming one are slim eve with a ticket!
BAEC and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 26, 19, 10:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SkyTeem View Post
This is a change, so maybe it was correct when written but is no longer correct. All GGLs used to be able to pre-book spa arrangements at 28-days out, regardless of class of travel or if they were CCR card holders, as long as they were traveling long-haul. That changed maybe two (?) years ago. Now it is only confirmed First ticket holders, regardless of status, who can attempt* to book early - everyone else who is otherwise eligible for a spa treatment will have to try their luck on the day-of-departure...
I donít think that is correct, as far as I can recall GGLs (like everyone else) have only been able to prebook spa treatments when flying in First. And like everyone else, only passengers arriving/departing on long haul flights are entitled to treatments.
Old Jun 26, 19, 11:31 am

There a other bits of that guide that are incorrect too, like what lounges a CCR Card holder is entitled to enter.
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
The guide has become a bit stale unfortunately because every time I try to edit the guide the FT editor breaks all of my links for mobile users within the post and then it becomes a delicate process to not break the links. If anyone knows if this has been fixed or has a workaround, please let me know and I'll make some updates.

For the original question, there were a few times where I was indeed able to prebook a spa treatment and cabana when flying in CW as a GGL, but I was later told this was either not allowed or no longer allowed. I'm not sure if it was a policy change or if I was just lucky the first few times.
Old Jun 26, 19, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
The guide has become a bit stale unfortunately because every time I try to edit the guide the FT editor breaks all of my links for mobile users within the post and then it becomes a delicate process to not break the links. If anyone knows if this has been fixed or has a workaround, please let me know and I'll make some updates.

For the original question, there were a few times where I was indeed able to prebook a spa treatment and cabana when flying in CW as a GGL, but I was later told this was either not allowed or no longer allowed. I'm not sure if it was a policy change or if I was just lucky the first few times.
Cabanas are not a problem. Can be booked at any time by CCR but not by GGL unless they are in F - but then anybody in F can book a cabana at anytime.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: