Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need 160 TP's Cheap & Short Travel Duration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver

Hi,
Thanks in advance for your help.
We need 160 TPs from London by August 10 as cheap as possible and with max 2 nights out of the country, ideally on a weekend.
What are our options?
Thanks again!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bedasaka
Hi,
Thanks in advance for your help.
We need 160 TPs from London by August 10 as cheap as possible and with max 2 nights out of the country, ideally on a weekend.
What are our options?
Thanks again!
What's the best fare/destination you've found so far?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Faro £202, midweek...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Faro £202, midweek...
Is that an 80TP destination? The BA Avios calculator reports it as 40.

My first thought was HEL, there are cheaper midweek fares, but on July 27th, you can do 1 or 2 nights for just under 400 per person. For 160TP, that's £2.5/TP which is not fantastic, but certainly not terrible (and the TP run thread seems to regard anything below £3/TP as a possibility for a run). I'm sure there are other options - I'd just jump onto ITA Matrix and plug in the various 80 TP destinations over a month and see what comes up cheapest. With the shortish notice, I expect many of the traditional holiday options will be a bit pricey tho.

PS - Why Aug 10th? All collection years end on the 8th, and you can get an extension of 2 weeks exactly, so you either need to return by 8th or 22nd surely?
Cymro likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Back to back to SOF
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Full list of 160 TP routes here (my article):

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...points-return/

Catania is generally cheapest but, of course, all bets are off for July / August pricing.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
KARFA's excellent first post in the main thread of Tier Points shows the routes :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-thread.html#
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
KARFA's excellent first post in the main thread of Tier Points shows the routes :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-thread.html#
And then if you are still stuck, this sounds like a perfect use for the new Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY] thread.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Faro £202, midweek...
As others have mentioned, I am pretty sure that Faro only gives 40TPs each way so not the 160TPs that you will need.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Malta ?
tynmar likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
If you're only staying a short while maybe a city break makes more sense than a holiday resort type destination. So maybe IST?

I've just done ACE but I am not sure I'd do that out of choice for a quick TP run. We were there for a week...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
The other thing is whether it's simpler to do a couple of 80 pointers? Rather than one 160.... Just thinking out loud. It could be a terrible idea...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
The other thing is whether it's simpler to do a couple of 80 pointers? Rather than one 160.... Just thinking out loud. It could be a terrible idea...
I was thinking the same, two evening trips to VCE would only be £340 in total and can be done in two individual evenings so no hotel costs if you are trying to completely minimise costs.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Pascoe
It's a very valid option, and indeed Raffles makes the same point in his article he linked upthread. For more frequently served destinations you could even nest one inside the other and maybe even do it in a single day, although that might fall foul of the "cheapest" requirement.

Concentrating on the 80TP routes is simply a matter of convenience, i.e. 2 flights instead of 4.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Why before 10th August? Surely you mean 8th August. 🧐

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.