Swapping seats - any issues?

Reply

Old Jun 24, 19, 3:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 30
Swapping seats - any issues?

Quick question - just looking to reserve our seats for our family of 4 on a Club Europe service to GVA for half term next year.

There are two seats available in row 1 and I would quite like my wife to be able to sit there with one of our teenage children (the novelty of a front row seat for me wore off a while ago). Myself and my other younger son can then sit in row 7, which is the next one available.

However, the system will only let me reserve them if I allocate myself into one of the front row seats, as the gold card member. If I try and allocate the seat to my wife, the system gives an error.

My question is does it matter to anyone if we just swap seats when we are boarding? I suspect no-one will care, but just thought I would check here.
CharliesAngels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:15 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Posts: 2,877
If you are the only GCH I am surprised that the system will let you take the two seats in row 1, but swapping amongst yourselves should not be a problem.
CharliesAngels likes this.

Last edited by johnaalex; Jun 24, 19 at 3:16 am Reason: typo
johnaalex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:21 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 859
Seems to be a recent change, when travelling with SCH gf I now generally get automatically assigned 1A and her 1C.
CharliesAngels likes this.
bhbloke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:25 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,659
Originally Posted by johnaalex View Post
If you are the only GCH I am surprised that the system will let you take the two seats in row 1...
That's perfectly fine.

Long haul 1a/k are not selectable unless you are a gold/ggl - so if you have one booking with a gold and silver only the gold can select 1a/k.

Short haul if you have one gold-ggl on the booking then you can select row 1 for all passengers on the booking.
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: BA, Hilton
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by CharliesAngels View Post
My question is does it matter to anyone if we just swap seats when we are boarding? I suspect no-one will care, but just thought I would check here.
They won't care, but I would just mention it to the SCCM as a matter of courtesy, either as you board or wait till boarding is complete and then inform and do the swap then.

Simply because some like to address you by name, and they may otherwise be surprised to find an Angel in a seat where they were expecting Bosley (erm, so to speak!)
BertieBadger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:44 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
They won't care, but I would just mention it to the SCCM as a matter of courtesy, either as you board or wait till boarding is complete and then inform and do the swap then.

Simply because some like to address you by name, and they may otherwise be surprised to find an Angel in a seat where they were expecting Bosley (erm, so to speak!)
Good call. Thanks.
CharliesAngels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 11:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
They won't care, but I would just mention it to the SCCM as a matter of courtesy, either as you board or wait till boarding is complete and then inform and do the swap then.

Simply because some like to address you by name, and they may otherwise be surprised to find an Angel in a seat where they were expecting Bosley (erm, so to speak!)
Agreed.

A couple of years ago I took my mother to New York. I had already booked a bulkhead seat and a regular window seat for her. When we boarded I checked with one of the cabin crew if it would okay to swap and was told it would be fine.
CharliesAngels likes this.
snoopy1664 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:15 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,912
You are entitled to a row 1 seat as a GCH. If you wish to swap with your wife as long as the SCCM is ok with it that is your business. As your children are teenagers there is no issue with emergency exits.
CharliesAngels likes this.
rapidex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:20 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Posts: 908
Originally Posted by rapidex View Post
You are entitled to a row 1 seat as a GCH. If you wish to swap with your wife as long as the SCCM is ok with it that is your business. As your children are teenagers there is no issue with emergency exits.
The OPs selected rows (1 and 7) are not emergency exits. Even < 12 yo are welcome in row 1.
Takiteasy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread