BA 275 (LHR-LAS) regular delays

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

BA 275 [LHR - LAS, 12 Jun] delayed why?

Flight to LAS delayed more than 4hrs today. Any ideas why?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Technical today.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I'm on the returning BA274. What's the current advice about getting to the airport on time, for a flight you know is delayed by hours? I've checked in online (and hand luggage only), but I assume I still actually need to be at the airport in advance of the scheduled time of departure?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by DeanB
I'm on the returning BA274. What's the current advice about getting to the airport on time, for a flight you know is delayed by hours? I've checked in online (and hand luggage only), but I assume I still actually need to be at the airport in advance of the scheduled time of departure?
Yes you do. Anything can happen between now and then including Ba pulling in another plane from another route somewhere else.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
BA's own website shows the BA275 as now due to land as LAS at 2332 with tonight's return BA274 showing a departure of 0135. The two-hour turnaround between landing and departure is about right. If they manage to make up any time at all I'd be surprised.

In spite of what @sunshinebob exhorts, there's (little to) no chance of BA conjuring up another plane to operate tonight's BA274. I'd probably keep an eye on ba.com or EF or similar and probably aim to be at LAS in time for the inbound to arrive. Even that is probably a little too early.

I am not sure if The Club at LAS will remain open past its usual Midnight (T3 - E Gates) or 00.30 (T1 - D Gates) closing time if the BA flight is delayed?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Unless specifically told by BA - text / email / app etc - that you can turn up later you should always turn up based on the originally scheduled departure time.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:44 pm

No good news, I checked on flightradar24 the B747-400 G-CIVL who is heavy delayed to LAS and back is supposed to fly also today from LHR to LAS. Does that mean we also get a heavy delay or do they will switch the aircraft hopefully?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by chan36
No good news, I checked on flightradar24 the B747-400 G-CIVL who is heavy delayed to LAS and back is supposed to fly also today from LHR to LAS. Does that mean we also get a heavy delay or do they will switch the aircraft hopefully?
Either could happen, although I expect that BA will try to swap aircraft if that's possible.

FWIW, I see that BA274 / 12JUN is currently estimated to depart at 0115L, ie in about 15 minutes from now, with an ETA at LHR of 1913. That would actually be only 3:43 behind schedule.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Well, that was pretty horrible.

BA274 eventually took off around 02:00 from LAS, landing about 19:50 at LHR.

Technical problem on the way out on BA275 re-occurred on the return: basically broken heating / aircon. The back of Y was a sauna and WTP (where I was) was an icebox. Shivered for 10hrs with 2 blankets & pairs of socks. Crew very apologetic & pilot said on landing that the plane was going straight to the hangar, but definitely not one of my favourite BA flying experiences.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:18 am
Original Poster

BA 275 (LHR-LAS) regular delays

I’m flying LHR-LAS next week so been keeping an eye on it lately. There seem to be regular delays on it of an hour +. In the last 7 days it’s been over an hour late 4 days and half an hour another 2

Any particular reason?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm on Friday's BA275 and have that feeling I'll be hanging around T3 longer than I plan! Lets hope storms aren't bad this week also
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:07 am

Could be any number of reasons but I guess it’s not impossible that the Iranian air space issue is having a knock on effect on long haul aircraft availability on subsequent routes?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
Could be any number of reasons but I guess it’s not impossible that the Iranian air space issue is having a knock on effect on long haul aircraft availability on subsequent routes?
Very few 744s seem to route that way - I think there's been a bad run of tech issues not helping
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
I doubt that’s having an impact as LAS is operated using a mid J 747 which also fly to CPT, PHX, YVR, SAN, ACC etc. I don’t think any of them fly eastbound
mikeyfly and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

This flight delayed AGAIN both today (2hrs) and yesterday (just over an hour). The inbound aircraft had over 3hrs in each case to turn around from MIA/PHX. Is that too tight to turn around a 747 or is there a T3 specific problem?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.