FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   All flights ‘Unavailable’ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1975174-all-flights-unavailable.html)

gypsyjaney Jun 23, 19 1:43 am

All flights ‘Unavailable’

i have just had my connecting flight home from LGW next year in Feb cancelled by BA for ‘operational/commercial reasons’. No email about this, just a message that seats had changed. They also sent my OH a text, which seems odd since I do the bookings and they normally email me. The Agent I spoke to gave me a refund but couldn’t explain further. He said that the system was showing NO BA flights to anywhere that day (I assume he meant from LGW) for ‘commercial reasons’

Has anyone come across this strange situation before? I can move to EZY - but I need the TP’s!

Swanhunter Jun 23, 19 1:44 am

Are you able to tell us what date? Helpful for follow up!

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 19 1:46 am

If it's not too late, I'd avoid letting BA refund the ticket for now. No BA flights at all for a day sounds like it could be a glitch (unless there's some really unusual event planned) or you might be able to change the date of your flight.

UKtravelbear Jun 23, 19 6:55 am

What's the date and route. Hard to give specific advice without specific info.

And I agree with @MSPeconomist that if this is a glitch getting a refund now leaves you with the possibility of paying more for the same trip when / if the flights get reinstated.

gypsyjaney Jun 23, 19 8:29 am

25/2.

gypsyjaney Jun 23, 19 8:31 am

i knew I should have asked here first! At the time it was offered my instinct was to grab the refund. Route was LGW- MLA. The other problem was that they had already re-booked us on another day that same week, which definitely didn’t work for us - so there didn’t seem much option.

Swanhunter Jun 23, 19 8:51 am

It looks like a specific cancellation for MLA for that date rather than anything widespread.

gypsyjaney Jun 23, 19 8:54 am

I just checked again. The whole of Feb 2019 for that route is showing ‘unavailable’. Yet BA re-booked us on the 24th. Weird.

MADPhil Jun 23, 19 9:00 am

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney (Post 31231052)
i knew I should have asked here first! At the time it was offered my instinct was to grab the refund. Route was LGW- MLA. The other problem was that they had already re-booked us on another day that same week, which definitely didn’t work for us - so there didn’t seem much option.

For future reference you get a lot of flexibility in the event of a change or cancellation. Unless you know and can get what you want the best bet is to "explore your options" with the agent without doing anything and wait for the dust to clear. As long as you don't formally accept the re-route it just serves to keep the ticket alive and there is no time limit on action before the flight leaves.

MADPhil Jun 23, 19 9:03 am

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney (Post 31231116)
I just checked again. The whole of Feb 2019 for that route is showing ‘unavailable’. Yet BA re-booked us on the 24th. Weird.

They may have temporarily frozen new reservations while they sort out the existing ones. Particularly if they have cancelled on more than one day.