Wiki Posts
Search

BA281 LHR-LAX Cancelled? 21 Jun 19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
BA281 LHR-LAX Cancelled? 21 Jun 19

Anybody know what seems to be happening to the flights in/out of LAX this eve to/from LHR?

According to the LAX website, the inbound BA281 which presumably forms the 282 is showing as cancelled. Although FR24 is showing the flight as having landed...

BA282 is therefore showing as a 3 hour delay, which presumably will mean an equipment change to make it work?

BA280 is showing as cancelled both on FR24 and the LAX airport website.

Anybody got anymore details? If the 747 indeed did not make it then presumably with a cancelled flight there'll be a lot of shuffling going on!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Anybody know what seems to be happening to the flights in/out of LAX this eve to/from LHR?

According to the LAX website, the inbound BA281 which presumably forms the 282 is showing as cancelled. Although FR24 is showing the flight as having landed...

BA282 is therefore showing as a 3 hour delay, which presumably will mean an equipment change to make it work?

BA280 is showing as cancelled both on FR24 and the LAX airport website.

Anybody got anymore details? If the 747 indeed did not make it then presumably with a cancelled flight there'll be a lot of shuffling going on!
Isn't it the 789 which hasn't made it? The 747 is carrying the delay, why I don't know (until its posted on the BA SOURCE)
BA source shows the 280/281 cancelled today, there is also mention of a 789 on a delay for a Bos/Lhr, I'm guessing this may have been a factor?
​​​​

Last edited by bmiStar; Jun 21, 2019 at 4:52 pm Reason: Poss update
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
The BA 281 flight is indeed the 789 and EF shows this as cancelled, as is the return BA 280 which would have been operated by the same aircraft.

The BA 282 (operated by a 747-400) is showing a 3 hour 10 minute delay until 6.40 pm and the BA 268 (operated by an Airbus A380) is showing a 1 hour 5 minute delay until 10.40 pm

Flights to the US are usually odd-numbered, and the corresponding return flight to the UK is one digit lower, even-numbered. Hence it's BA 281 from LHR to LAX which then works the BA 280 from LAX to LHR.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Geordie405
The BA 281 flight is indeed the 789 and EF shows this as cancelled, as is the return BA 280 which would have been operated by the same aircraft.
And BA are at least one 787 aircraft down on being able to operate the full schedule, even with Air Belgium replacements, given the usual gamut of equipment availability issues on the fleet. So I don't know but I suspect this is the root cause of the cancellation. One 787 returned to service yesterday from Cardiff, with another about to come back into service after an IST diversion, but another 787 had to be used to deal with a BOS flight held overnight. And it looks like we have a JFK-LHR BA112 - a 777-200 - stuck in Gander now too.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks CWS, I had guessed something like that as the BA95/94 rotation between LHR & YUL on 21 June was operated by a 789 rather than a 788.

And I was Flubbed which was nice.

Doc Copper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.