Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight zero-ed out but still offering Avios seats?

Old Jun 20, 19, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Looking at a possible route for our August holiday (I know - strike risk!) and was surprised to find a flight back to LHR with 2 CE Avios seats available but not a single seat for sale, and when I check EF all buckets are zero. Is this flight then oversold and does this come with a real risk of being bumped??
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Every now and then I've seen EF report no seats and yet there have been plenty on the aircraft. I'd say you should be fine booking the Avios redemption.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geo772 View Post
Every now and then I've seen EF report no seats and yet there have been plenty on the aircraft. I'd say you should be fine booking the Avios redemption.
But ba.com will not sell me a ticket in either cabin for this flight, only redemptions available.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Again I've seen something similar before. It could well be a glitch but it could be in either direction.
Old Jun 20, 19, 9:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This happens more frequently than one might suppose. Since travel is a long way off you can book with confidence. It often happens on same day flights, which is a bit risky in terms of being bumped to the next service, but it's not something that crosses my mind. Tomorrow the redemptions may vanish, and/or revenue will come back. I know it's illogical but somehow BA's computers are rarely wrong ni the RevManagement area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: