Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unacceptable Experience with British Airways in WTP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unacceptable Experience with British Airways in WTP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Good point. I'm based out of Mex tho, so would not go that way to Asia, I'll go via LAX. But thinking now, that could be an option. I'm looking at a little Asia tour next year, so could look at qantas options trans-pacific. Thanks for the tip
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flown WTP a couple of times now and on both occasions I was hugely disappointed... particularly with food. Not much of a step up from WT tbh except for the extra seat room. I don't see it worth double the WT price which is often what it is. So now I won't book WTP... it is either CW or WT for me on long-haul.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
I suggest in future you take advantge of what WT+ offers, including pre ordering your main course ex London. in which case you could have ad the beef.
Stormbel likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Form my perspective this is nearly as good as First class experience on BA. Crew offers two when requesting one and that is “exceptional”.
Outdated cabin and hardware and ignorance is the “Britishness” that money can’t buy from foreign airlines such as ANA or Singapore.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
£1k in taxes, 78,000 Avios, and a 2 for 1? Jesus...

I've seen PE on BA for that route for about £820 return.
Enigma368, wrp96, esledo and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
What an extraordinary statement!

Originally Posted by warakorn
Why are using miles and instruments for a business trip?
This sounds very corporate privileged.

I read the OP has recently launched a brand - his/her neck is likely to be on the line. And when carefully considered the extra costs of premium travel may well effectively come out of "own" pocket

AND some of us do have a moral conscience. Avios earned on corporate travel really belong to the company not the individual. The fact the taxman allows otherwise is possibly because MP's and HMRC employees don't want to shoot themselves in the foot?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by flyuk

If willing to position from BRU then PVG is almost always £1000 in J return.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyuk

BA (and VS) have made their award pricing for long haul in all cabins very noncompetitive compared to airlines.

Last edited by Enigma368; Jun 24, 2019 at 3:25 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Night and day difference between BA and VS in the few times I've been subjected to premium economy. Last time, i had an experience where the staff expected me to clean up the previous occupants sticky spillage. Really poor when they followed it with a comment about where I could get more paper if needed (?). VS was so good by comparison.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just back from PE long haul on CX, and it’s very good. Attentive FAs, clean cabins, and a medium rare piece of beef. But the smallest piece of bacon I’ve ever seen in the breakfast. I wouldn’t say it’s chalk and cheese with BA by any means.
HMPS likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by krispy84

Have you not rather cut off your nose to spite your face?
It depends how one values these things. For me, personally, a reasonably comfortable seat on a comfortable aircraft for a 10h overnight flight was a material factor. The drive for TPs meant I booked with BA without even looking around too much. Now Norwegian can offer a similar price (a bit higher including the forfeited deposit but not by much), with a much better seat and on a 787 and as i will easy retain gold this year any way its not a difficult decision vs an old (but perhaps newly re-squabbed) seat on an ancient and noisy 747.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Modo

Avios earned on corporate travel really belong to the company not the individual.
Steady on! That's fighting talk round these parts
Modo, HMPS, nancypants and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I agree with OP. I enjoy CW, and also enjoy my short-haul flights with BA. WTP was dreadful. They decided that having 4 CC for WTP+WT on a 788 was adequate. It is not. The seats are useless if you need to get any work done, as the table is very flimsy. I would rather fly economy in a less densified cabin and get the best of both worlds. (Like the 8-accross JAL 787)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:20 am

I wonder if BA would ever implement OP's experience into a physical hard product a la AA Main Cabin Extra. It seems all the American carriers are adopting this
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:14 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, the thread subject is the quality or otherwise of BA’s WTP cabin. A number of off-topic posts regarding CW seat selection have therefore been removed. Let’s stick to the subject matter, please.

/mod

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 24, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.