Wiki Posts
Search

Last BA flight out of T3?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Last BA flight out of T3?

Heading there now and hoping to sort out an issue with an early flight departure tomorrow before today is out...
​​​​​​...when will the desks close?!
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AA : BA
My guess would be BA59 CPT at 21:40
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Or head to T5. Sure they can deal with an issue for a T3 departure just as much as T3 can.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

So desks will be open until 2040 latest would you think? Should make that...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
depends what your issue is. they may not be able to deal with it until actual day of departure.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
depends what your issue is. they may not be able to deal with it until actual day of departure.
Can't check in and the etkt number has vanished from the outbound. Might be SSSS, might be something else. BA twitter has no idea.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Can't check in and the etkt number has vanished from the outbound. Might be SSSS, might be something else. BA twitter has no idea.
Did you make any changes to the ticket at any point? Sounds like you may have done and that this has not been re-ticketed. Could you try calling?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If there is no e-ticket number on the BA service you are about to fly, then you best call BA first.

SSSS allows full check-in, just no BP can be produced. I trust you have run through the Dashboard thread for OLCI failures.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
No point heading to the airport a day early. Give BA a call, since you're GGL. If it is ticketing, and this urgent they will put you on hold and sort it.

Since you say T3, can I ask what flight tomorrow? It might narrow down the issue.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
No point heading to the airport a day early. Give BA a call, since you're GGL. If it is ticketing, and this urgent they will put you on hold and sort it.

Since you say T3, can I ask what flight tomorrow? It might narrow down the issue.
GGL phone number doesn't work for me at all any more. Just gets stuck in that irritating jungle and never goes to answer/menus.

I'm staying at T3 tonight anyway, so might as well make it there within the time frame to fix it at a desk.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just call the normal Gold number. They’ll sort it, either immediately or overnight
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:57 pm

So, what happened?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davidjonesk
So, what happened?
For some reason an upgraded leg didn't ticket. Which is odd, as the charge was pending.

​​​​​​What I think happened is that AMEX pulled the plug on my card - due to switching Black to Blue - during this 48hr pending period, I didn't notice and BA didn't contact me. The seat was still confirmed, though, so I'd never noticed anything being up.

Ticketing at T3 was open and eventually sorted it because check-in couldn't. The guy was perplexed because there was 'no information' he could see and had to call another department because they 'use different systems'. All seems rather confused.

Anyway, it got ticketed and I just saved myself that 20/30min faff at 0530 tomorrow, which will be of benefit.

Thanks all for the input.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Glad you got it resolved. Is there any particular reason why you didn’t ask what time the ticket desks closed in your thread title? After all, that’s the information you wanted.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Glad you got it resolved. Is there any particular reason why you didn’t ask what time the ticket desks closed in your thread title? After all, that’s the information you wanted.
Reverse deduction... And I was in a fluster.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.