Last BA flight out of T3?

Old Jun 19, 19, 11:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
Last BA flight out of T3?

Heading there now and hoping to sort out an issue with an early flight departure tomorrow before today is out...
​​​​​​...when will the desks close?!
Thanks in advance.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:53 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LON
Programs: AA : BA
Posts: 274
My guess would be BA59 CPT at 21:40
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
SoggyDollar is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:56 am
  #3  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,324
Or head to T5. Sure they can deal with an issue for a T3 departure just as much as T3 can.
madfish is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:58 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
So desks will be open until 2040 latest would you think? Should make that...
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:04 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brighton. UK
Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Posts: 10,630
depends what your issue is. they may not be able to deal with it until actual day of departure.
UKtravelbear is online now  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:05 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
depends what your issue is. they may not be able to deal with it until actual day of departure.
Can't check in and the etkt number has vanished from the outbound. Might be SSSS, might be something else. BA twitter has no idea.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:19 pm
  #7  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,324
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Can't check in and the etkt number has vanished from the outbound. Might be SSSS, might be something else. BA twitter has no idea.
Did you make any changes to the ticket at any point? Sounds like you may have done and that this has not been re-ticketed. Could you try calling?
madfish is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:20 pm
  #8  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 40,273
If there is no e-ticket number on the BA service you are about to fly, then you best call BA first.

SSSS allows full check-in, just no BP can be produced. I trust you have run through the Dashboard thread for OLCI failures.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:32 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 176
No point heading to the airport a day early. Give BA a call, since you're GGL. If it is ticketing, and this urgent they will put you on hold and sort it.

Since you say T3, can I ask what flight tomorrow? It might narrow down the issue.
ScienceTeacher is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:36 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher View Post
No point heading to the airport a day early. Give BA a call, since you're GGL. If it is ticketing, and this urgent they will put you on hold and sort it.

Since you say T3, can I ask what flight tomorrow? It might narrow down the issue.
GGL phone number doesn't work for me at all any more. Just gets stuck in that irritating jungle and never goes to answer/menus.

I'm staying at T3 tonight anyway, so might as well make it there within the time frame to fix it at a desk.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:27 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glos
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 5,694
Just call the normal Gold number. They’ll sort it, either immediately or overnight
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:57 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 143
So, what happened?
Davidjonesk is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 2:25 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
Originally Posted by Davidjonesk View Post
So, what happened?
For some reason an upgraded leg didn't ticket. Which is odd, as the charge was pending.

​​​​​​What I think happened is that AMEX pulled the plug on my card - due to switching Black to Blue - during this 48hr pending period, I didn't notice and BA didn't contact me. The seat was still confirmed, though, so I'd never noticed anything being up.

Ticketing at T3 was open and eventually sorted it because check-in couldn't. The guy was perplexed because there was 'no information' he could see and had to call another department because they 'use different systems'. All seems rather confused.

Anyway, it got ticketed and I just saved myself that 20/30min faff at 0530 tomorrow, which will be of benefit.

Thanks all for the input.
george77300 likes this.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:21 pm
  #14  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 8,837
Glad you got it resolved. Is there any particular reason why you didnít ask what time the ticket desks closed in your thread title? After all, thatís the information you wanted.
KeaneJohn likes this.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jun 20, 19, 12:44 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,677
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Glad you got it resolved. Is there any particular reason why you didnít ask what time the ticket desks closed in your thread title? After all, thatís the information you wanted.
Reverse deduction... And I was in a fluster.
​​​​​
mmxbreaks is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread