Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Seat Selection Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Quick Seat Selection Question

This may very well have been covered but I cannot find it.

I want to but a ticket in CE for a very dear friend to come to ALC. What I want to know is this. I will not traveling on the booking but as a Gold can I select a seat for her, or will I have to pay? Any advice is gratefully received.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you'll have to pay.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
You cannot select a seat for her if you are not travelling on the booking, otherwise I would be running a very lucrative seat booking service
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
...and as you'd have to pay I wouldn't bother. I'm sure your friend would be delighted with CE and wouldn't notice the very minor difference between one seat or another that some of the rest of us might care about.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed on not paying right off... monitor cabin and make a decision nearer the time
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:27 pm

You could book for both of you in the same booking and assign seats then cancel off your reservation without charge under the 24h rule. That would be the work around here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.