AA or BA for Business?

Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Having done both on AA and BA,
To ORD I would stay with AA, all aisle access is wonderful.. (dont like climbing over others)
From MIA ,well AA on that one too,

But saying that I have enjoyed BA on the upper deck, its quite.. ratio of FA and bathrooms per passenger is wonderful

just off topic.. having done BA J out of ATL, I swear BA must find the oldest 777 in their inventory, and use it on that route, both form LHR to ATL and ATL-LHR
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by fotographer
just off topic.. having done BA J out of ATL, I swear BA must find the oldest 777 in their inventory, and use it on that route, both form LHR to ATL and ATL-LHR
You obviously haven't been on the BKK route.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
H preference is A.A. each way. T3 use of CX QF lounges, better Seat, and of course Flagship dining in MIA.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
You obviously haven't been on the BKK route.
Dont ever plan too.. rather do CX...
but I have read many issues with those planes on FT... hey maybe BA tosses a coin to see which city gets the worst of the worst 777
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by golfmad

Do you have your easts and wests confused or am I reading it wrong?
Oops.....well spotted.....I blame the jet lag....
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
H preference is A.A. each way. T3 use of CX QF lounges, better Seat, and of course Flagship dining in MIA.
Just to note though that both BA and AA depart T3 for MIA, so no lounge advantage there.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just to note though that both BA and AA depart T3 for MIA, so no lounge advantage there.
But not to ORD, which is where the OP is heading
Oxon Flyer and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ive come back from MIA - LHR a couple of weeks back. Took the 2315 (?) BA210 departure arriving midday in LHR. Had the new Panasonic IFE as an added bonus.

Wake up time on the flight was around 1030am UK time so I found better for getting rest rather than a 7am arrival and 5am wake up.

Do note, if you are connecting at MIA from AA for example, its a terminal change + tunnels and trains, make sure you allow plenty of time.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by NeilP
Do note, if you are connecting at MIA from AA for example, its a terminal change + tunnels and trains, make sure you allow plenty of time.
Connecting from AA to BA at MIA doesn't need to involve anything other than a walk from D to E. Depending on the incoming AA gate it can be a lengthy walk but there's no need to use the elevated monorail unless one wants to avoid walking.

I did the late night departure from MIA on BA last week and it's probably the best overnight flight I've ever had. Flagship First Dining in the D30 AA lounge + a full 7 hours sleep.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
A J ticket won't get anyone into AA Flagship (First) Dining. It will get them into the Flagship Lounge - but not the sit-down restaurant style Flagship First Dining.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
Without getting too detailed, I would choose AA for the seat and Ive never been disappointed by the FAs (in fact, usually impressed, but that may just be our personalities). Food possibly slightly better, too (and I adore the Ice Cream Sundae!).

But the BA 744 u/d could persuade me otherwise, because we really enjoy 63A/B.
This.
For me, the IFE screen is much better on AA. I also find that the AA crew are very good at keeping my wineglass topped up - and usually much more so than on BA. Both BA and AA crews vary, of course, but BA just about swings it for me when it comes to a friendly and personal service. So in conclusion - both usually excellent. I'd probably go for AA for a daytime flight and BA for a night time.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Thought the OP wanted to travel OUT to Chicago and back from Miami in which case BA fly to Chicago from T5.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Though, as we dont know whether the OP has either the status or the fortitude to willingly pay BAs eye-gouging seat assignment fees to secure a seat on the upper deck, Id probably reign back the BA 744 Club World is FAB* ! advice a bit ....

* Providing you get an Upper Deck window seat
You preempted my words ! I always want to check on those pesky expensive add ons on all my travels paid or awards.

OP do check this out.
Teamscoop likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
If no status, AA all the way as you can choose your seat. Otherwise, my preference would be for UD 747 and otherwise AA. The Business Class seats on BA are very old fashioned and some of the worst still flying amongst Western airlines.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Though, as we dont know whether the OP has either the status or the fortitude to willingly pay BAs eye-gouging seat assignment fees to secure a seat on the upper deck, Id probably reign back the BA 744 Club World is FAB* ! advice a bit ....

* Providing you get an Upper Deck window seat
My thoughts exactly, plus without status, OP might not be able to get the desirable seats even upon paying a fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.