Wiki Posts
Search

Excellent CTA-LGW last night :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Excellent CTA-LGW last night :)

Yesterday I managed to escape the hell that is Catania airport...

On board, I saw there were 7 rows of Club, and groaned inwardly

How wrong can a man be ? The service was impeccable - SCCM did a fantastic job getting drinks and dinner sorted in short order, and the crew member assisting was proactive, energetic AND engaging

I've never been happier giving out a couple of Golden Tickets !

To cap it all, we arrived slightly early so I get a better train (albeit sweatily, with one minute to spare )
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Night LGW-inbound CE can be great. It’s almost as if the cabin crew are willing the plane along faster with their cheery and efficient service. The drink always flows as well in my experience. 🙂
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:07 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
7 rows of Club Europe isn't exactly a huge cabin
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:53 am

In my experience it has more to do with the actual passenger load. So for example you could be on a flight where the CE passenger load is near or at the maximum permitted for the minimum crew compliment where the subsequent service can appear slow or disjointed. Or you could find yourself on a flight where the passenger load is just over which triggers the additional crew member and where the service is a lot better coordinated because of the extra pair of hands. In my experience this tends to happen around the 7/8 row CE mark so not out of the realms of possibility that a 7 row Club cabin could be met with low service expectations and interpretation by the OP if previous flights of a similar cabin size haven't triggered the additional crew member and service has been below par.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.