Wiki Posts
Search

School dinner desserts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
School dinner desserts

I've been mulling this over for sometime. Maybe it is just me, but for desert it is cheese and biscuits or something chilled. I remember a few years ago some really descent ice cream, particularly the matcha green tea and a very rich vanilla by the ice cream union from memory. I was just told its only on the summer menu, well it is June and on BA5 last week it was bloody spotted dick outbound and something equally school dinner on return. Three bits of fruit in a mini ramakin or a Magnum from the back outbound but never on the return. Why cant they do it like CX with the nice Hagen Dazs selection?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I like spotted dick and other 'school dinner' esque desserts

They will never please everyone's personal tastes

Last edited by ajeleonard; Jun 19, 2019 at 5:31 am
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I have always found deserts on planes a disappointment .

i am more your chocolate sponge and pink custard man , or sticky toffee or spotted dick or jam rolly polly ......
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
For me, desert is the big sandy thing you fly over on approach to PHX.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Then maybe keep the quintessential British desert with a nice ice cream alternative. They can store it with the frozen utensils!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
I remember a few years ago some really descent ice cream, particularly the matcha green tea and a very rich vanilla by the ice cream union from memory.
I think the problem is they now only serve it at cruising altitude....
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
At least BA aren't as bad as some others, I have had plenty of flights where the only dessert choice is chocolate or worse a choice of chocolate, chocolate or more chocolate. As someone that that prefers not to eat chocolate I find I like the BA choices of the sponge puds.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:55 am

My pet hate is the Lily O’Brien pot in Economy. I know everyone else seem to be loving it but had I had it my own way it’d be banned and all references to it burned in a big pyre ŕ la Viking funeral.
Amelorn likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Which cabin? I've seen ice cream as a pudding choice on an F menu recently (this month), at least ex-LHR.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't know what has happened to this forum. It really is unconscionable that someone here is complaining their pudding was spotted dick. You won't get that delicacy on AA.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: QF WP
Slightly off topic I suppose but does anyone have any insight into why the cheesecake base is always some horrid sponge cakey stuff instead of biscuit?
HMPS likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nancypants
Slightly off topic I suppose but does anyone have any insight into why the cheesecake base is always some horrid sponge cakey stuff instead of biscuit?
that way you cant tell if its off
HMPS likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Desserts are one thing that very rarely go wrong on an airline. BA, in my opinion, do very well here, I would very much like to see a decent rice pudding or a riz au lait as in all my years flying no one has ever offered one.
Sealink and gobblercat like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
For me, desert is the big sandy thing you fly over on approach to PHX.
BA can be a bit of a food desert, too!

At the weekend, the Cabin Services Manager (or whatever they are called) gave the tray she'd enquired if I'd like to someone else, then only realised her mistake when she came around with the bread basket.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Being something of a chocophile, some BA desserts appeal to me. But frankly I’m generally happy with the cheese plate ... provided it has some decent biscuits, and an extra fix of butter, please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.