Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd WTP Service on 787

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by pythonisman
My understanding is the crew do a drinks service pre-meal which is meant to last you for your meal.

When we asked for a drink flying WTP, we were given double what we asked for I assume to 'make it last'.

The crew who serve WTP then man trolleys in WT and run the full service in that cabin, which is likely why you didn't get a response to your call bell when you wanted a drink - not sure if they came afterward (probably long after you were done) once they'd finished in WT.

I don't fly in Y+ very much and have only done it maybe twice before, but that time (with Virgin Australia) it felt more like the crew were dedicated to the premium economy cabin and that meals were served from a galley nearby, whereas my recent experience with BA it felt a bit weird.
Not the case. i fly WT+ long haul around twice per year for a number of years. It is pre take off drink, then drinks service then dinner service via trolley and wine on top of trolley. Lots get cocktails for their first drink- you arent going to drink that with your meal.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:41 am

deleted

Last edited by discoseal; Jun 25, 2019 at 2:59 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Had 12 PE legs in the last 18 months of so, mostly BA. Normally get offered 2 drinks (i.e. wine plus another wine, or g&t plus a wine for dinner). Just ask for more if needed and they've never batted an eyelid.

On AA PE they served one drink then bottle poured wine for the meal and the same on CX PE. Had to ask for more wine when wanted as they were not serving it in the little bottles. Must admit that CX were terrible at filling the glass. Barely half full in some cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.