Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Urgent Information Required"??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Question "Urgent Information Required"??

Morning, FT'ers,

Have an upcomimg booking on BA/AA to the US. I'm getting messages on logging in that:

"We need you to provide more information topermit you to travel to or from the USA. This must be supplied no later than 72 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time, otherwidse you may not be alowed to travel".

When I click on "Supply Information", it tells me "all details provided".

I've not sen this before - am I missing something, or is anyone else seeing this too? Called BAEC but didn't really get a straight answer...

Any thoguhts?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I'm sure it's a glitch. I've had it before as have others. As long as the API is complete and you have all the green ticks all should be fine and a passport check at the airport is all that is required.

There was a recent thread on this but there have been others too.

Bizarre MMB message (US API requested)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster

That's reassuring - thanks for that! I'll perhaps turn up a little elarlier just to get the checks completed.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have it showing as well, yet I know all info has been supplied and I get the green ticks for both pax on the trip.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
MMB has displayed this misleading message for years. It’s pretty poor that BA haven’t fixed this. If you were not a regular or confident traveller, it wouldn’t do much to reassure you to be told, just ignore it, its a bug....it’s often shown on your landing page when logging into your account!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Flying ZRH->LHR->SFO yesterday, I had entered all the details, and did not get the above message. But at the gate at ZRH I got the angry frog noise and red light (boarding denied), because the system thought I had not provided details. The gate agent tapped at the computer for a few minutes and then without me actually providing any further information, things were suddenly OK. When I asked what was wrong she said "no idea, it's happened to everyone flying to the US today". So even if it doesn't provide you with the message, it can think you have not provided details.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
I was once told I couldnt use online check in as they wanted to check my ESTA/Visa. Which i dont need as I am a US citizen. Which they know as they hold my passport details.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I would document my attempt to provide the information- the request page AND the resulting 'all info complete' page by taking a screen shot with date and time. Just file that away.

In the event something blows up, you have it. Not "Oh the guys on FT said not to worry"

Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Is your ESTA up to date?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by amanx
I was once told I couldnt use online check in as they wanted to check my ESTA/Visa. Which i dont need as I am a US citizen. Which they know as they hold my passport details.
I've had something similar to the OP where MMB said I needed to input more info. No extra info required when I looked.

I had an interesting experience when flying F a few years ago. My travelling companion and I rocked up to the F check in pre Wing. Had already checked in online just really needed to collect boarding passes and go to the CCR. The woman at the desk we were using asked if we had US passports or visas? I explained that we had both had an ESTA each to a look of puzzlement on her face. She said we couldn't have as there was no space on her screen for the ESTA number. As we didn't have the numbers with us she suggested that we reapply at the internet cafe. I did this on my BlackBerry, then showed her the new ESTA and asked what was she was.going to do with it?

She made comments regarding the fact that she would be liable if we were refused entry. I said I wasn't budging from that spot until I had a boarding pass and she'd taken our bags. I then suggested she call IT and minutes later it was fixed. I was told in the CCR that there was an intermittent issue with the link to the US Gov that had been going on that morning.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:44 pm

I have this on my MMB, no idea what it's supposed to mean (don't even need a passport to go to Germany as a EU citizen).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyslow
I have this on my MMB, no idea what it's supposed to mean (don't even need a passport to go to Germany as a EU citizen).
You may not need a passport to travel to Germany, but if you travel with your passport, it must be signed ( most countries would print the passport with your signature on the photo page ), otherwise you may not able to board the aircraft. London won't be that strict about the issue, but here in Turkey, they always check if the passport is signed.
mzb00 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've had the same thing and it's made me unable to check in for tomorrow's flight (couldn't see any reason why). When I went back into APIS, just to be sure, it was all empty and I had to fill it out again. So it could be a BA IT issue. Didn't resolve my problem, though, so I'm assuming I have SSSS or something else to contend with tomorrow.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I've had the same thing and it's made me unable to check in for tomorrow's flight (couldn't see any reason why). When I went back into APIS, just to be sure, it was all empty and I had to fill it out again. So it could be a BA IT issue. Didn't resolve my problem, though, so I'm assuming I have SSSS or something else to contend with tomorrow.
If you can check-in but unable to get the boarding pass - you're likely to be selected for the SSSS.
If you cannot check-in at all - there's an issue with your API and usually can be resolved at the manual check-in.

I'm currently using a visa on an expired passport when travelling to the US, so BA won't let me check-in on-line as they won't accept expired passport details for my API and that's the passport details I have to use for my travels to the US. No problem getting it all sorted at the check-in desk.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They've stopped doing this now, but the former Bundesgrenzschutz used to fine airlines a few hundred Marks/Euros for every non signed passport presented to them at airports. One day BA was presented with a huge bill, given that the UK isn't in Schengen, and there was an enormous crackdown. The message is an interesting legacy of that time. In 2005 this was taken over by the Bundespolizei (BPOL) and the practice stopped at least on EU nationals. I imagine non EU nationals still have this issue.
flyslow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.