Connecting Boston

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Connecting Boston

Hi,

I'm connecting from a US domestic flight (DCA>BOS) to an international flight (BOS>LHR). I think this involves me getting from Terminal B to Terminal E in Boston - what's the easiest / quickest way?

Thanks,
A
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Terminals C and E are now connected airside, so if you are HBO and with a boarding pass then you can walk to the next building along, C, enter security there and walk all the way around to the E gates. The BA lounge is right on the end of this pretty long walk. You can do it landside too, C merges into E eventually.

If you have to go to the E check-in area then the most direct route is via the central car parks, it is signposted but you need a good sense of direction. There is also a bus transfer between terminals too.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:46 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Terminals C and E are now connected airside, so if you are HBO and with a boarding pass then you can walk to the next building along, C, enter security there and walk all the way around to the E gates. The BA lounge is right on the end of this pretty long walk. You can do it landside too, C merges into E eventually.

If you have to go to the E check-in area then the most direct route is via the central car parks, it is signposted but you need a good sense of direction. There is also a bus transfer between terminals too.
It's easier and a bit shorter to do it landside - B to C is connected upstairs on the departure level, and C to E is at the ground level with arrivals (going through the parking garage is only really useful for A to E). Walking is about 10-15 minutes total time; the bus will be a bit faster but you might have to wait a few minutes for it.

You can enter security at C, however, there are airport staff at the start of the line that check your boarding pass to see if you are flying the right airline (mostly JetBlue for terminal C). They are kind of pointless though as you can tell them that you are flying with a 'JetBlue partner' they just shrug and let you through, as I once did with a JAL boarding pass.
Gerbs likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by Adstring
Hi,

I'm connecting from a US domestic flight (DCA>BOS) to an international flight (BOS>LHR). I think this involves me getting from Terminal B to Terminal E in Boston - what's the easiest / quickest way?

Thanks,
A
Take the silverline landside. It comes often and the walking about is fairly confusing in my opinion. (A -->E is the only one I ever think is worth walking.)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:15 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by chance88088
Take the silverline landside. It comes often and the walking about is fairly confusing in my opinion. (A -->E is the only one I ever think is worth walking.)
You don't want the silver line as it is the bus that goes to downtown Boston. I couldn't remember the shuttle bus numbers but just looked it up, and the ones that do go from C to E are 11, 66, and 88.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:21 pm

You could pick any of the Silver Line (most crowded) and the various Logan buses (11, 66, 88 as bpe mentioned). The buses are the fastest and easiest way. If you've got time, I would walk from the Terminal A side, basically cutting right through the parking lots into Terminal E. I'm not a fan of going through Terminal C, but it is possible.

Edit: The buses (including Silver Line) will be easy to find, right outside the terminal on the arrivals level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.