Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Existing Bookings using a GUF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Upgrade Existing Bookings using a GUF

As this image displays:

M
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am not sure what the change is? You have already been apply a GUF to existing bookings including TA ones.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
I *Think* they mean TA's would be able to process a GUF even if it is processed after the ticket is originally issued (which is not possible, via a TA, at the moment).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by danielbk
I *Think* they mean TA's would be able to process a GUF even if it is processed after the ticket is originally issued (which is not possible, via a TA, at the moment).
I think you may be correct! That seems the only explanation I can think of. As it mentioned same conditions as a new booking that would also suggest the TA could use revenue availability too.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:25 am

It's on the news section of the BA travel trade site so that confirms it since that is aimed at TAs.

Upgrading existing bookings using Gold Upgrade vouchers
June 2019

We are pleased to announce that from 17 June 2019 you will now be able to upgrade existing bookings for Executive Club members when using their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, as well as new bookings.

The instructions on how to upgrade an existing booking are the same as they are for upgrading a new booking.
This is quite a significant improvement for folks who want to apply GUFs to TA bookings. Looks like I will have to update the GUF guide as well now!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Personally I don't actually see this as an improvement. As mentioned, it was already possible to upgrade existing bookings (whether direct or TA-made) before albeit only through BA. I very much suspect that now that TAs can do it directly, it will be a way for BA to stop taking care of this for TA bookings and politely ask customers to contact their TAs instead. If my suspicion is correct, depending on the TA/OTA used, it may become a lot harder for people with TA bookings seeing availability for upgrade to get hold of it than when they could just call the GGL line.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
it was already possible to upgrade existing bookings (whether direct or TA-made) before albeit only through BA
It was possible to apply a GUF to existing TA bookings (and this was only introduction in January 2018). However, applying the GUF to an existing booking required reward availability.

The improvement is that now the GUF can be applied to existing TA bookings, and this can be done by the TA using the much more available revenue classes on the same basis as making a new TA booking.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
It was possible to apply a GUF to existing TA bookings (and this was only introduction in January 2018). However, applying the GUF to an existing booking required reward availability.

The improvement is that now the GUF can be applied to existing TA bookings, and this can be done by the TA using the much more available revenue classes on the same basis as making a new TA booking.
Ah that is a very good point - I hadn't realised the conditions would allow the revenue booking but see it now based on the "same conditions". So yes, agree that it is an improvement then! ^
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can someone provide the link that's in the email please? So I can pass to my TA to try again?

Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Expatbear
Can someone provide the link that's in the email please? So I can pass to my TA to try again?

Thank you!
It's the top news item on this page

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s/key-news#guv
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Wow. That's impressive.. I want my joker back from last weeks upgrade..
​​​​​​😂🃏😂
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Sorry if this is already answered but can I call BA directly to apply a GUF to an existing TA booking?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by r281
Sorry if this is already answered but can I call BA directly to apply a GUF to an existing TA booking?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.