Cheapest Club Europe routes

Old Jun 17, 19, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Cheapest Club Europe routes

Looking to do a Club Europe trip (my first time, ridiculously) with a friend - could be anything from a day trip to one or two nights depending on the fare.

Our main aim is to be able to take advantage of lounge access and try out the service Ďup frontí. If itís a wide body aircraft, even better!

Tier points are only a secondary concern (Iím BA blue with 100TP this year).

Any suggestions on what routes would be best to investigate?
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriot Gold.
LUX usually has fares for £160 return, and a nice place to visit for a weekend. Flys from T3, which is nicer than T5 because of the CX lounge.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Madrid has the widebody aircraft if you want to try Club World on a short haul flight.

For cheap fares try: Luxembourg, Bordeaux or Amsterdam.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
LGW-AMS, LHR-LUX, LHR-MAN spring to mind
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebigben View Post
LGW-AMS, LHR-LUX, LHR-MAN spring to mind
The downside with these services, if the aim is also to experience the service upfront, is that they are very short so little time to experience it. Of the longer CE services, LHR-SOF was comparatively very cheap last I looked at it.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriot Gold.
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
The downside with these services, if the aim is also to experience the service upfront, is that they are very short so little time to experience it. Of the longer CE services, LHR-SOF was comparatively very cheap last I looked at it.
Downside of this one is it being an 08:25 flight, once per day, which isn't wonderful for those who like to fly at civilised times. I looked when I saw the ex-SOF to SIN QR flights, and that was the reason I binned that trip...
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
One easy way I find of checking is using the cheapest fares finder on the ba app as you can scroll through all the routes to check prices.
NickB and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:54 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If you are willing to use some avios (and find availability; also a problem on cheap fares) then any of the band 1 routes look good value. Off peak 15,500 avios + £50, or about 8,000+£130 avios&money (or about 3,000+£180 if you have an active IB+ account or some Amex points to activate it).

Some longer options such as MIL, NCE, MRS, BIO, GOA, SZG, MUC, PRG. Prague and Marseille go from T3 which has better lounges than T5.
flight125 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Downside of this one is it being an 08:25 flight, once per day, which isn't wonderful for those who like to fly at civilised times. I looked when I saw the ex-SOF to SIN QR flights, and that was the reason I binned that trip...
That's true. There is an afternoon flight on Saturdays but only during the winter season so of no help to the OP at the moment.
Old Jun 17, 19, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Cheapest one day I can find for LON-SOF in CE is 5-6 October 2019 £288
Old Jun 17, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Bordeaux from LGW has some very good CE fares. With the added advantage of spending a couple of days in Bordeaux rather than Sofia 😁
Old Jun 17, 19, 11:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
But the mediocre lounge in SOF is not as mediocre as the lounge in BOD
IAMORGAN and krispy84 like this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Miles&More, Eurostar
My vote goes to Barcelona. Not too expensive; choice of flight time a long enough flight to enjoy the experience. Reasonable lounge for the return flight (unlike Bordeaux for example); good train to the city if you want to stay for a day or two.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by Caerbannog View Post
My vote goes to Barcelona. Not too expensive; choice of flight time a long enough flight to enjoy the experience. Reasonable lounge for the return flight (unlike Bordeaux for example); good train to the city if you want to stay for a day or two.
itís band 2 shorthaul catering though! I would say go for budapest
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
exactly. If you just choose the cheapest you can get just to "try it", to be honest, you'll mostly be wasting your money and not get much in return. If you really want to spend to get a nice experience, then go for it properly for not much more, for instance, wait for a sale and book MAD with outbound on IB and return on BA choosing their respective long haul planes. Or alternatively book C on an airline which will give you a lot more like TK to IST using their long haul planes. If you just do LUX or AMS for the sake of it you will likely be disappointed.

Search this Thread