Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does BA take £15 to cancel a booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Perhaps only trumped by "Booking Charges" which amount to paying somebody to take your money off you.
Don't forget the automatic fees plus the extra fees if any agents are needed to help a situation that the online system can't do (although BA tends to waive those in many cases). But YQ is about as silly as it gets.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by plunet
The other thing that BA have 'lost' in the sale and refund is two lots of credit/debit card processing fees.
My understanding was that fees for related sale and refund transactions are low, particularly for a customer with the market power of BA.

Unless, of course, the credit card companies are able to take a leaf from the BA Book of Rules on such things...

Can anyone clarify how such transactions are handled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.