Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look to MMB Manage My Booking (June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Misco60
By the time I'd scrolled to the end of these images I'd forgotten what the question was.
Yes sorry there’s a few screenshots there. I should probably have put my text at the bottom.

I was wondering if this is a new design addition or whether I had missed it.

It’s much better than it was in terms of speed and smoothness.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Forced into "new" MMB

I did a reasonably extensive search via external google as I'm sure there must be a thread about the new MMB somewhere, but couldn't find anything. This is usually the cue for someone popping up with an obvious link, apologies if that's the case.

Anyway the new MMB. The site has asked me hopefully a few times over the last year or so if I might want to switch to it, I looked once, and declined ever since, I suspect most people do.

I rebooked a flight to JFK with the 20% discount this week, and the resulting booking is now resolutely coming up in the "new" format. There is a link to switch back at the top of the page, but it's not sticky. I'm getting the impression someone is now trying to force uptake, but is this happening to anyone else or did I press something I shouldn't have during the booking process?

It is pretty dreadful, you have to scroll past acres of whitespace to do anything much
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am paid to have a good memory:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ne-2019-a.html

And I am also forced to use it now, and I'm not keen on tablet infantilism either.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 28, 2020 at 5:40 am Reason: circular reference
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
There was a time when the ‘old’ MMB was ‘new’ - and I bet people complained then. Stop resisting change

Joking aside I quite like it though less practical
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Modern Web design is struggling to reconcile the vertical screen of phones/tablets and the wide screens of desktops/laptops. Proper responsive styles are difficult to balance, and sadly the new MMB is not an example of good balance. And to stay on topic, you know, BA's IT...
RB211 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
There was a new MMB thread on the old MMB in 2005. I know because I found that one in the trawl.

New Look MMB - Shock Horror

I don't mind new looks to be honest, but this is very wasteful in terms of the amount of scrolling you have to do to get to any given function, past flashy graphics and blocks of branding. It's just very poor in terms of usability really. But I suppose having paid for something that's not been deployed yet, someone in authority is getting a bit antsy and wants to force it out now.

I've left negative feedback.
T8191, squawk and Tocsin like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 2:18 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
MMB for a new booking I made yesterday ‘forced’ into new version, but was able to revert to old design at the top of the page..
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Its awful design

This new page is just crap design by BA.
From a laptop : Way too much white space, way too much scrolling needed, different information sections not easily spotted. Also the fonts and colours are very poor for anyone with even slight visual impairment.
If they want to make it look good on a tablet then they need to design two formats and automatically select the tablet format or the laptop one by detecting the device type.
Yet more user-unfriendly and inefficient IT from BA.
This is just change for the sake of change, not for improvement or good reason.
Leave the web site alone and concentrate on important stuff like ability to rebook on line or on check-in machines during IRROPs.
Cris L, Dave_C, EDIflyer and 7 others like this.

Last edited by camdentown; Nov 28, 2020 at 3:13 am Reason: type
Old Nov 28, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i actually like the "look and feel" of the site, however it is a huge fail when you are on the desktop site and you have to click around to find very basic information like the PNR or your seat assignment. a terrible experience.

of course if they actually ever built a useful tablet app then they could focus on the desktop version being actually useful.
Nephoi and MatJarosz like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I remember seeing this new design first back in July and, initially, I wasn't impressed: I felt like there was a lot of information missing from the screen that I had to hunt for which made it a frustrating experience.

Since then, I feel as though changes have been made that have made this new interface better - but still lags in some areas behind the old design (good luck finding your fare class on the new MMB.) Overall, I like the 'look and feel' of their design language, but this feels like it was created by a visual designer, and not a UX designer: the design language is appealing and refined, but the operability of the page is average and requires to much human interaction to get basic information.

BA design team - if you're listening, 3 things:
1. Please show me the airport code - I'm sure in an 80/20 world, most cities are served by one airport, so it's fine just to show the city name. But major hubs like London, San Francisco, New York, etc are served by multiple airports.
2. Please just show all the top-level flight data in-line, on one screen: dont' make me click into a separate view to get the basics, the second click should be reserved for the more granular, secondary and tertiary levels of data.
3. If design/ux updates is your area of focus, then seat maps/seat selection should be next. The current experience leaves a lot to be desired - it requires too much input, is slow and generally frustrating.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
T8191, LPQ, Keystone and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
im pretty loyal to BA and book flights with Oneworld even at higher costs than competitors, especially when flying in the EU. But in my opinion this design is a good reason to rethink that attitude.
camdentown likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:06 pm

I generally dislike all the white space / wasted space.
I generally dislike all the upsell (more than half of the page! Really?)
It seems to be random as to which bookings use the new MMB and which use the old. The one constant of BA... inconsistency!
They do seem to have fixed the "Other Bookings" on the old MMB. However, I don't see this link/option on the new MMB.
And clicking the X sometimes returns me to the BAEC page and sometimes to the BA Home page.

Guess what I think of this new MMB? (Rhetorical question!)

rb211.
LPQ likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In addition to all the above, I really wonder if anyone evaluated the printout from Print your "Boarding Pass, e-tickets, itinerary" etc. Up to 7 pages for a simple JER=LON-XXX ... with inappropriate page-breaks and tiny grey font. Bordline illegible and useless, to the extent I've had to use a magnifying glass on some of the BA Holidays Hotel/transfer vouchers.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
In addition to all the above, I really wonder if anyone evaluated the printout from Print your "Boarding Pass, e-tickets, itinerary" etc. Up to 7 pages for a simple JER=LON-XXX ... with inappropriate page-breaks and tiny grey font. Bordline illegible and useless, to the extent I've had to use a magnifying glass on some of the BA Holidays Hotel/transfer vouchers.
I have a binder for all my travel and have all documents printed out. This binder aaccompanies me on every travel as a backup. A 10 flight PNR from AA need 2 pages at a 50% scaling takes 3 in the old layout... but it really seems important to BA to print all the "useful" links below the flights... does BA IT know that they wont be clickable on paper?

at every call with BA i complain about BA MMB. at EVERY call. reaction from BA agents is mostly affirmation and/or awkward silence. They know. And they know that we know they know... this makes me even more furious.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What really annoys me with the new look of MMB is the fact it's been around for over a year now, I bet many people submitted their feedback, and yet I have not seen a single improvement over what was released in June 2019.
EDIflyer, adrianlondon and T8191 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.