Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club europe avios award...earlier flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Club europe avios award...earlier flight?

im booked on the Late (time of day not delayed) agp-lhr flight tonight on an avios ticket in J. There’s a 2 pm that has revenue J space but not award. Will the airport put me on the earlier flight if I ask nicely or are my odds extremely low?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Will the airport put me on the earlier flight if I ask nicely or are my odds extremely low?
you may have some luck if your flight was heavily overbooked and it suits them to move you to avoid potential issues. I have had 0% success trying to change award tickets on the day (LCY and LHR)
KeaneJohn and orbitmic like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:09 am

Pretty much zero chance, your flight is busy but not full and outstations have very little leeway anyway - wouldn't waste the journey to the airport !
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I got moved from a 7:30pm to a 5:30pm flight from BUD to LHR on request, as a CE award booking by asking at the airport. Didn't get my first meal of choice, but wasn't fussed as I wanted to get home.

Not sure if I was (very) lucky or if they were happy on all occasions to do that.

PS: This also worked on a HKG to TPE (economy Avios) booking with CX and they explicitly said 'we can do that because it's an redemption booking'
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
To echo the above... try your luck at the airport but don’t expect anything. I’m at 50/50 (all short haul).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.