Update 3 - 1 July 2019 at 1300 hours
Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is CANCELLED

Flights/Dates affected
BA73 LHR AUH 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08 July 2019
BA72 AUH LHR 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09 July 2019

Tickets issued by 27 June 2019

Rebook on BA Use options from standard customer guidelines

Rebooking Option 1 [BA's] PREFERRED OPTION

Rebook onto Etihad Airways (EY) between Abu Dhabi (AUH) and Bahrain (BAH) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible but not earlier than 2nd July 2019 or later than 9th July 2019
Rebook using the following EY booking classes:
BA WT/WT+ book into T/E/U/V/L/Q/M/K/H/B/Y
BA Club/First book into Z/W/D/C/J
Then rebook a connecting British Airways operated service between Bahrain (BAH) and London (LHR) or v.v.
Rebook into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class in the same cabin
Must add:
OS EY INVOL EY/BA AGREEMENT
OS EY PSGR or Agents Telephone Number
Notes: Redemption tickets are included
Must NOT use any other booking class than stipulated above otherwise Contact Centre/Agency will be charged full commercial fare

Rebooking Option 2 REACTIVE USE ONLY WHEN CUSTOMERS STRONGLY OBJECT TO TRANSFERRING THROUGH BAH

Rebook onto Etihad Airways (EY) between Abu Dhabi (AUH) and London (LHR) or v.v. as close to the original travel date as possible but not earlier than 2nd July 2019 or later than 9th July 2019
Rebook using the following EY booking classes:
BA WT/WT+ book into T/E/U/V/L/Q/M/K/H/B/Y
BA Club book into Z/W/D/C/J
BA First book into R/A/F
Rebook into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class in the same cabin
Must add:
OS EY INVOL EY/BA AGREEMENT
OS EY PSGR or Agents Telephone Number
Notes: Redemption tickets are included
Must NOT use any other booking class than stipulated above otherwise Contact Centre/Agency will be charged full commercial fare

Origin/Destination/Stopover changes
Yes - standard customer guidelines – BA Cancellations
Advise customer that any consequential costs for the change in gateway will be at their own expense, e.g. taxi, hotel, car hire, public transport. Add a remark into the booking that you have advised the customer.

Refunds Allowed Yes - as per standard customer guidelines

Redemptions included Yes

Available for Trade Trade Need to contact BA for authority to apply Rebooking Options 1&2

Important Information
One involuntary ticket change allowed
Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rjn21
Updated rebooking options inc EY in F:
Thanks for that. Am I right to assume this is only because BA's DXB services are full or would this be likely also to apply in the event of further cancellations? As I have a booking for later in July that I expect to see cancelled soon I am not exactly a disinterested observer...
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I think the standard cancellation guidelines also apply so you could choose DXB or AUH connecting in BAH or EY direct.

As to later in the month, don’t know. I have had 3 cancellations in June and was only offered DXB, which was fine by me as they have agreed to pay an economy careem in each case (which was also the cheapest solution in each case).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CCayley
Thanks for that. Am I right to assume this is only because BA's DXB services are full or would this be likely also to apply in the event of further cancellations? As I have a booking for later in July that I expect to see cancelled soon I am not exactly a disinterested observer...
Generally it takes a week or two to sort out an arrangement like this, so hopefully it would be in place for any future cancellations (and I'm also in the frame for this). This arrangement appears to be end dated, but it's easier to roll forward than having to renegotiate. I can't see the Dubai services running less full going forward, Scotland's school holidays have already started, private schools are about to break up, and state schools in the next 2 - 3 weeks.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally it takes a week or two to sort out an arrangement like this, so hopefully it would be in place for any future cancellations (and I'm also in the frame for this). This arrangement appears to be end dated, but it's easier to roll forward than having to renegotiate. I can't see the Dubai services running less full going forward, Scotland's school holidays have already started, private schools are about to break up, and state schools in the next 2 - 3 weeks.
Some private schools broke up Saturday. I am currently at the Domes of Elounda with Mrs rapidex and young Miss rapidex. We had a great flight down LGW-HER with BA Sunday morning.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And flights leaving Dubai are very busy due to the international schools having finished - so kids flying back to Europe, and local families heading for holidays.

The AUH services I've been on recently have all been fully booked, to the point that not a single seat has been empty (lots of upgrades).

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.