Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUH-LHR Sector Just Cancelled, Options?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
AUH-LHR Sector Just Cancelled, Options?

My AUH-LHR just got cancelled tonight. I was booked in W cabin but had confirmed miles upgrade into J. What are my options? BA are trying to re-book me from DXB tomorrow, but I need to be in London for Mon am for meetings. Will BA rebook me onto EY in J?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
My AUH-LHR just got cancelled tonight. I was booked in W cabin but had confirmed miles upgrade into J. What are my options? BA are trying to re-book me from DXB tomorrow, but I need to be in London for Mon am for meetings. Will BA rebook me onto EY in J?

Any help would be appreciated!
They have only ever booked me onto EY when I've missed connections in LHR coming the other way. Can you not ask for a DXB departure tonight? I've done that and claimed the 350AED Careem back from them.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:53 pm

Get on the phone ASAP - BA106 out of Dubai at 1.30am has plenty of seats currently - you'll get a J seat. Then as @Dubh says - just take a taxi/reasonable car service and claim it back via Customer Services after the fact

Ethiad would need to be rebooked by the airport team and I'm not sure you'd get a J seat or even offered it - so no good if you need to be in London tomorrow morning
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Thanks for the replies, just rebooked to the 106 tonight. At least I arrive into London the same time and I’m in J still. Wonder why the automated rebooking didn’t offer that first off.

Obviously BA will pay for the car from AUH to DXB, but can I also be claiming EU261 given this is a cancellation seemingly due to low loads?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Obviously BA will pay for the car from AUH to DXB, but can I also be claiming EU261 given this is a cancellation seemingly due to low loads?
I would be very surprised if it was specifically that reason, not least due to the staff being in the wrong place. But so long as it was not extraordinary circumstances AND if you are more than 3 hours late into LHR on your original timetable then yes, full details in the EC261 thread. Generally if a flight is cancelled from the London end then it makes it more likely to be in scope for EC261 Article 7. However from the timetable you will arrive off the DXB-LHR service about 15 minutes before the original time from AUH - you don't have to give BA any money for the early arrival however.
nancypants, Often1 and IAN-UK like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Thanks for the replies, just rebooked to the 106 tonight. At least I arrive into London the same time and I’m in J still. Wonder why the automated rebooking didn’t offer that first off.

If you had got put on the BA108 09:20 departure rather than the 106 you could probably have claimed yes, but as you arrive before you were scheduled to do all BA need to do is pickup the tab of your transfer AUH-DXB
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I was booked on the same AUH LHR as the OP and saw the cancellation email at 1am local time this am.

The auto rebook suggestion was a flight from DXB, 12hrs later than the AUH flight, with an F to J downgrade.

A Skype call to the Didsbury GGL line, forwarded to India at that time of course, resolved it to the 01:30 flight from DXB, in F, connecting to the same domestic connection. My original domestic seat had been blocked, but the agent got it back. The agent was efficient and spoke good English.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Question!

Why would you want to claim if your new flight gets into London at the same time or earlier than original?
Nephoi and PAL62V like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It was not cancelled due to the lack of customers but due the lack of aircraft due to the on going engine problems.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It was not cancelled due to the lack of customers but due the lack of aircraft due to the on going engine problems.
Also ZBJI is still on the ground in Istanbul.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
still, loads are very light at the moment. 48 pax last Monday. It'll ramp up again the week after next when the schools close (yippee)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Airprox
Also ZBJI is still on the ground in Istanbul.
That was a Chennai to Heathrow service that got diverted to Istanbul for technical reasons yesterday.

The two Air Belgium aircraft have ended their lease to BA (ABB and ABE) yesterday too, so that timing wasn't good. Maybe they will be back.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The two Air Belgium aircraft have ended their lease to BA (ABB and ABE) yesterday too, so that timing wasn't good. Maybe they will be back.
Well, my September flights to CAI and back are still showing as Air Belgium. After reading reviews here, I was quite looking forward to trying them out.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would ask BA for a voucher for the service to DXB. If you cannot get that, at least have an entry made to your PNR notes that the transfer was necessitated by the cancellation.

This is a cancellation, not a delay. Thus, OP will be entitled to EUR 300 (50% of the stated amount) unless the cancellation was for extraordinary circumstances.

I would be wary of making claims such as that BA cancelled due to a low load. It simply generates a "no" to your claim and is likely untrue. If indeed the cancellation was caused by the long-known engine technical defect, you will eventually prevail.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Often1
This is a cancellation, not a delay. Thus, OP will be entitled to EUR 300 (50% of the stated amount) unless the cancellation was for extraordinary circumstances.
Only if the one hour before / two hours after rule applies, which I don't think is the case here, certainly not the 2 hour aspect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.