How much extra is Club Europe worth?

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by allturnleft
The value comes in being near the front if the plane

Not Sitting in a three

Free food and drink

No BOB

A more enjoyable flight

Value ; if can get for up to double the cheap economy fare

I do not know nor care what they pay in Economy. I decide whether the Club fare is worth paying or not. I do not make the comparison. The irony is that to get to any level of status to frequent the Lounges, you'd have to fly for ever to get enough Tier Points to use the aforesaid lounges unless someone else is paying for you to fly Club.

The other day I was chatting to a gentleman who had paid more for his Club ticket one way than we had for the pair of us return. It was last minute and the flight was full. Now that, I will never pay.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Clearly, plenary of people do value CE, since the load factors whenever I fly appear impressive, what the delta point is for an individual will of course vary.

i personally would prefer the guarantees that come with CE for usually not much more than Y, despite the exit row seat which could disappear with a aircraft type change and a spare seat that may well be used.

One observation I would note though; the number of people who are valuing it at £0 or even negative on here, yet are the first to be vocal about the lack of free beverage and food in Y. Whilst it may not be a case of wanting your cake and eating it, but leg room and free beverages perhaps.

i do usually fly CE, occasionally Y if I’m buying a last minute ticket that is a short hop or when on a work funded flight Having just done the later on an EasyJet flight for the first time in a decade, can’t wait to get back on BA (YVMV).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by navylad
One observation I would note though; the number of people who are valuing it at £0 or even negative on here, yet are the first to be vocal about the lack of free beverage and food in Y. Whilst it may not be a case of wanting your cake and eating it, but leg room and free beverages perhaps.
I don't value CE at all but I couldn't care less about the lack of food / beverages on an aeroplane on a short haul flight.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:00 am

Maybe £20, the cost of a decent meal in the terminal and getting off the plane quicker. Make it £50 if i didn't have status.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
We are all different and value different things - I for one, do not do economy. Period. But others prioritise differently, and obviously have every right to do so. So guess it is not possible to attribute a general value to CE
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't value CE at all but I couldn't care less about the lack of food / beverages on an aeroplane on a short haul flight.
Im with this guy.

On a 2 hour flight, i am not paying £259 extra to sit up front, get some food and a drink on the plane with lounge access?

I would pay about £100 to upgrade on long haul from Y to J but that is dreaming haha
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
We are all different and value different things - I for one, do not do economy. Period. But others prioritise differently, and obviously have every right to do so. So guess it is not possible to attribute a general value to CE
[bold added]

I do. Period.

A little while ago I booked a BA flight to CDG (am meeting up with Aussie relatives who are visiting Paris this autumn). Needed a one-way flight from LHR, specifically on Oct 1st, and will be returning to London a few days later on Eurostar.

Was very happy to bag myself an exit row seat in Y at £53 ....... but for only another £127 extra I could have gone for the delights of CE with some food included (and less legroom).

Earlier departures on the day were available in CE at a bargain £236 one-way, so I do hope I’ve done the right thing by slumming it in Y for an hour.

T8191 and Fatdickie like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.