Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Some Newbie Questions before my First time in F!

Some Newbie Questions before my First time in F!

Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer

- row 2 is a good choice, near the front, away from the bathrooms and slightly larger than row 1
I would agree with the above and add that that opposite row 1 is a cupboard door that tends to rattle. Crew will be able to fix it with some tissues - apparently it's a feature of Airbus planes according to the crew I've spoken to.

No dress code, I've turned up in paint splattered boots and no one batted an eyelid.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I would keep 2A over a switch to 1A as a solo traveller on the 388. 1A is fine, but has a slightly smaller overhead and is next to the loo (albeit with a curtain). Personal preference of course, there aren’t really any bad seats, but 2A/K are my favourites.
Thanks noted, I will stick with 2A, being a little further away from the toilet was my main reason for not being keen on 1A in the first place.

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Remember SIN is not and humid. For my flight last week
- you can use premium check in in SIN, it is up the back, but in essence feeds into normal passport control. Last time I walked in then walked out as there was a massive build up. You can sit on couches and drinks are free from the fridge.
- security is at the gate.
Thanks for the tip on the premium check in. Is security similar to Berlin Tegel in a way then (although I guess more modern?)

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Don't forget to ask for the chocolates on board!
I consider choclate one of my greatest strengths, so sign me up, awesome tip

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I would agree with the above and add that that opposite row 1 is a cupboard door that tends to rattle. Crew will be able to fix it with some tissues - apparently it's a feature of Airbus planes according to the crew I've spoken to.

No dress code, I've turned up in paint splattered boots and no one batted an eyelid.
Yup sticking with 2A. I will probably turn up to the airport in Jeans and Shirt and then swap to some comfy/baggy tracksuit/gym clothes for the majority of the flight.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by MrJB
Thanks noted, I will stick with 2A, being a little further away from the toilet was my main reason for not being keen on 1A in the first place.

Thanks for the tip on the premium check in. Is security similar to Berlin Tegel in a way then (although I guess more modern?)

I consider choclate one of my greatest strengths, so sign me up, awesome tip

Yup sticking with 2A. I will probably turn up to the airport in Jeans and Shirt and then swap to some comfy/baggy tracksuit/gym clothes for the majority of the flight.
It is exactly as crappy as Berlin Tegel. Lol
Don't expect anything of the boarding process so you won't get disappointed.
I had it happen twice when departing sin in f. No group 1 boarding or any priority security was forced at all.
So be sure to make the most out of the lounge and go to the gate the latest.
And I like your thinking of dressing up.
A lot of times I do wear a nice suit just because it gives a special note to the event. And if you like it or not.. You will be treated better.
I do always change into gym shorts and t-shirt or tank. For me it's usually too warm and ba f has those cozy duvets now.. Sometimes just underwear is fine.
And yes. I mostly just change back in my seat into my pants and shirt or suit.
Enjoy
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:59 am

My general tip for first Firsts is to ask for what you want when you want it. Much easier for both you and the crew if everyone knows what you want! Don’t be afraid to use the call bell - I’ve only ever had a positive response when doing so. Definitely mention it’s your first First.

As for getting changed - I get changed in the toilets pre-take off. That way they will at least be clean-ish and you don’t have to concern yourself with such things mid flight!
Crofton138 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.