FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   URGENT HELP! Anyone travelling GLA or EDI to LGW tonight (Sat 14 June) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1974106-urgent-help-anyone-travelling-gla-edi-lgw-tonight-sat-14-june.html)

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am

URGENT HELP! Anyone travelling GLA or EDI to LGW tonight (Sat 14 June)

Long shot...

My 19 year old daughter, a recent BA crew recruit, has flown south from a visit home this afternoon, leaving her keys in Glasgow.

She's locked out of her house and car until we get them to her. Just wondered if there was any possibility of someone here being willing/able to take them to her at LGW?

Any/all suggestions appreciated xx

CaroFos Jun 15, 2019 10:05 am

I have posted on a FAcebook Group of FF - will direct anyone here if they can help.. hope it gets sorted out .. Bless her.

CaroFos Jun 15, 2019 10:08 am

someone just suggested this but I expect you've already thought of it?

"If she’s BA crew could she not get one of the crew on the next LGW flight to take them (although think next BA flight might be tomorrow morning)? "

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 10:10 am

The next flight is in the morning. She's supposed to report for a flight to Paphos at 6 tomorrow morning...

Beginning to look like I either drive or take the 2030 Heathrow flight

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 10:11 am

Thanks for your help CaroFos - much appreciated x

cgtechuk Jun 15, 2019 10:17 am

Take the keys to GLA to the check in desk and explain the situation, I am pretty sure the flight crew would take them down to LHR then your daughter could just head to LHR to pick them up? I think that is the most likely solution.

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 10:23 am

She says the crew won't be allowed to take any foreign object. I'm currently chatting to a friend who's ground staff at GLA to see if there's anything they could do x

PAL62V Jun 15, 2019 10:23 am

Overnight courier?

plunet Jun 15, 2019 10:32 am

I would suggest you head to the airport and look out for BA crew and plead to their better nature (and common sense about not taking random foreign objects)

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 10:35 am

Have spoken to the Menzies Lead Agent for BA this evening. She says it'll depend on the flight crew. I'm going to take them to the airport and see what happens. Wish me luck x

MSPeconomist Jun 15, 2019 10:38 am

Originally Posted by zafiragirl (Post 31205597)
Have spoken to the Menzies Lead Agent for BA this evening. She says it'll depend on the flight crew. I'm going to take them to the airport and see what happens. Wish me luck x

If you have some "proof" that daughter works for BA, take that and show it to the crew before they say no.

Raffles Jun 15, 2019 10:43 am

Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.

I did this once when I needed something from my parents urgently, with me in Taunton and then in Sheffield!

Oxon Flyer Jun 15, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31205625)
[left]Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.

Last Glasgow-Euston train of the day departed 3 minutes before your post, sadly.

zafiragirl Jun 15, 2019 11:33 am

Go to Glasgow Central with a sports hold-all filled with old clothes. Add key. Put bag in luggage rack on a train to London. Get off train.

I did this once when I needed something from my parents urgently, with me in Taunton and then in Sheffield!

This made me smile at my most stressed, so thank you Raffles :)

Looks like she's managed to identify a friend/fellow crewmember who's going to Gatwick in the morning and can take them to her. Her landlord can provide another key to access to her room until then She just needs an Uber to the house and I can breathe again.

If any of you happen to be travelling LGW to Paphos tomorrow please say hi to the scatty blonde Scottish girl :D

TGLoyalty Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm

surely someone would notice that and think it’s very fishy these days. Unattended bags and all that.